- 1 What is a good mountain bike for a beginner?
- 2 How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
- 3 What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- 4 What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
- 5 What is a decent mountain bike brand?
- 6 How do I buy my first mountain bike?
- 7 Do I really need a full suspension mountain bike?
- 8 Do you really need an expensive mountain bike?
- 9 Why are mountain bikes so expensive?
- 10 What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
- 11 Are Walmart mountain bikes any good?
- 12 Can you ride a mountain bike on the road?
- 13 What is a good mountain bike for $500?
- 14 Can I get a decent mountain bike for 500?
- 15 What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
What is a good mountain bike for a beginner?
Best mountain bikes for beginners
- Orbea Laufey H30. Aggresive hardtail for trail shredding.
- Norco Fluid FS3. An entry-level full-suspension trail bike.
- Commencal Meta HT AM Origin. For the beginner who wants to get rowdy.
- Vitus Mythique VR. Flickable trail bike at a great price.
- Nukeproof Reactor 275 Comp. Well-priced trail bike.
- Vitus Sentier 29 VR.
How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
At the bare minimum, we recommend looking at hardtails for no less than $1,500 and full suspension at $2,000 to $2,500. You can certainly purchase bikes for less, especially if you get away from the name brands or are willing to take inferior parts.
What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- Mongoose Switchback – Men’s and Women’s.
- Neffice 27.5 Mountain Bike.
- Schwinn Mesa.
- Merax Finiss. Cheapest We Could Find.
- Mongoose Malus Fat Bike. Our Top Pick – Best Fat Bike Under $500!
- Royce Union. Best 29er Trail Bike.
- Outroad Mountain Bike. Best MTB with 26″ Wheels.
- Prevelo Alpha Two Kids’ Bike. Best Bike for Kids Under $500.
What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
Best Budget Mountain Bikes [Review] in 2021
- GT Aggressor Expert 29 Hardtail Bike (2021)
- Marlin 4.
- Salsa Rangefinder Deore 27.5 Bike.
- Fuel EX 5.
- Schwinn-Bonafide-Wheel- Mountain -Frame.
- Cube Aim Race 29 Hardtail Bike (2021)
- Ribble HT 725 – SX Eagle.
- Outroad Mountain Bike Sand Bike Double Disc.
What is a decent mountain bike brand?
They eventually reversed course and saved face, but it was a good lesson that the biking community cares and public relations matter.
- Trek Bikes.
- Santa Cruz.
- Giant Bicycles.
- Yeti Cycles.
- Pivot Cycles.
- Ibis Cycles.
- Evil Bike Co.
How do I buy my first mountain bike?
8 TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR FIRST MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Get the right size.
- Choose a wheel size.
- Choose hardtail or full-suss.
- Don’t obsess about weight.
- Beware the flashy trinkets.
- Choose suspension quality, not quantity.
- Look for futureproof design.
- Keep some budget back.
Do I really need a full suspension mountain bike?
The brief answer is: Choose a full – suspension bike if you are willing to spend a bit more and you want to ride technical trails. On the other hand, choose a hardtail bike if you’re on a tighter budget and/or plan to spend most of your time on smoother trails.
Do you really need an expensive mountain bike?
While we might occasionally really put a bike through its paces, we ‘re generally out there just to have a good time. We clearly don’t need to buy expensive high-end mountain bikes. The chances of us deriving an equivalent value compared to the cost of a really expensive mountain bike is pretty unlikely.
Why are mountain bikes so expensive?
Mountain bikes are expensive because of the use of high-quality components and technology, some MTB’s go up to $13,000. In order to keep your ride safe, you’ll need proper bike parts that are durable and can take a beating.
What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
The top 5 mountain bike brands that I recommend are: Giant Bicycles, Trek, Specialized Bicycle Components Inc., Santa Cruz Bicycles, and Cannondale. These brands of bikes are ones that have been around a long time, have great reviews on the trails, and are even part of the history of mountain biking itself.
Are Walmart mountain bikes any good?
Walmart bikes aren’t nearly as bad as people claim them to be. As a kid, I rode my Walmart bikes hard and didn’t really have any problems other than needing to adjust the derailleur once in a while and replace broken plastic pedals. If you take decent care of the bike, it will hold up just fine for many years.
Can you ride a mountain bike on the road?
The quick and simple answer is: Yes, you can ride your mountain bike on the street. Mountain bikes are primarily designed for bike trails, and won’t perform nearly as well when ridden on the road, but you can definitely do it.
What is a good mountain bike for $500?
Best Men’s Mountain Bikes Under $500
- New! Marin Eldridge Grade 1.
- Co-op Cycles – DRT 1.1.
- Cannondale – Trail 8 ‘2021
- Trek – Marlin 4 ‘2021.
- Merax – Finiss.
- Diamondback – Overdrive 29er.
- Raleigh – Talus 1.
- Schwinn – Bonafide.
Can I get a decent mountain bike for 500?
1. The best trail mountain bike for under £ 500: Trek Marlin 5. Taking cues from Trek’s posher trail bikes, the Marlin 5 both looks and rides like a far more expensive machine.
What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
Mountain Bike Size Chart
|Rider Height (in)||Rider Height (cm)||Frame Size (in)|
|4′ 10″ – 5′ 2″||148cm – 158cm||13″ – 14″|
|5′ 3″ – 5′ 6″||159cm – 168cm||15″ – 16″|
|5′ 7″ – 5′ 10″||169cm – 178cm||17″ – 18″|
|5′ 11″ – 6′ 1″||179cm – 185cm||19″ – 20″|