- 1 Where is the best place to buy a mountain bike?
- 2 How much is a decent mountain bike?
- 3 Is it cheaper to build or buy a mountain bike?
- 4 What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- 5 Do I really need an expensive mountain bike?
- 6 What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
- 7 What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
- 8 What are the top 5 mountain bikes?
- 9 Why are mountain bike frames so expensive?
- 10 Is it cheaper to build a bike from parts?
- 11 Can I build my own mountain bike?
- 12 What is a decent mountain bike brand?
- 13 Are Walmart mountain bikes any good?
Where is the best place to buy a mountain bike?
- Best Overall: Bicycle Warehouse.
- Best Value: Nashbar.
- Best Shopping Experience: REI.
- Best for Road Bikes: Moosejaw.
- Best for Cargo Bikes: My Amsterdam Bike.
- Best for Kids: Amazon.
- Best for Electric Bikes: Trek Bicycles.
- Best for Mountain Bikes: Jenson USA.
How much is a decent mountain bike?
High-quality, intro-level bikes start around $2,000 to $2,500, depending on what features you want, and prices climb dramatically from there. You can get a good bike for less than that (see our tips below), but you’ll need to spend money on pedals, riding shoes, helmet, and a pump, at the very least.
Is it cheaper to build or buy a mountain bike?
A custom build will cost more than a prebuilt bike but it will be exactly what you want. If you have the time and the money you will be better off building it with the parts you want. You can buy a pre built but then you will be spending more money when you want to upgrade.
What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- Mongoose Switchback – Men’s and Women’s.
- Neffice 27.5 Mountain Bike.
- Schwinn Mesa.
- Merax Finiss. Cheapest We Could Find.
- Mongoose Malus Fat Bike. Our Top Pick – Best Fat Bike Under $500!
- Royce Union. Best 29er Trail Bike.
- Outroad Mountain Bike. Best MTB with 26″ Wheels.
- Prevelo Alpha Two Kids’ Bike. Best Bike for Kids Under $500.
Do I really need an expensive mountain bike?
There’s no doubt that expensive mountain bikes provide a superior ride, performance, and speed advantages. However, the value that a high-end bike will bring to you as a rider will be completely dependent upon your own personal circumstances.
What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
The top 5 mountain bike brands that I recommend are: Giant Bicycles, Trek, Specialized Bicycle Components Inc., Santa Cruz Bicycles, and Cannondale. These brands of bikes are ones that have been around a long time, have great reviews on the trails, and are even part of the history of mountain biking itself.
What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
4 Best Beginner Mountain Bikes for recreational riders
- Co-op Cycles DRT 1.2 $949.
- Trek Marlin 4 $500.
- Tommaso Gran Sasso $875.
- Giant ATX $480.
What are the top 5 mountain bikes?
10 Best Mountain Bikes of 2021
- Best Overall Trail Bike. Ibis Ripmo V2 XT. $5,899 List. List Price.
- Best Mid-Travel Trail Bike. Yeti SB130 TURQ X01. $7,299 List. List Price.
- Best 27.5-inch Trail Bike. Santa Cruz 5010 CC XO1 RSV. $8,949.00. at Competitive Cyclist.
- Best Budget Mountain Bike. Giant Stance 29 2. $1,550 List. List Price.
Why are mountain bike frames so expensive?
Mountain bikes are expensive because of the use of high-quality components and technology, some MTB’s go up to $13,000. Cheap mountain bikes are outright dangerous on trails, frames, wheel, and handlebars can break especially if you ride trails.
Is it cheaper to build a bike from parts?
As a rule of thumb, if your budget is under $1000 or even $1300, component- and quality-wise you will get a much better deal buying an assembled bike. In fact, comparing an assembled bike to a DIY build will result in a pre-built option being cheaper in 99% of cases.
Can I build my own mountain bike?
Yes, you can build a mountain bike yourself. Now, unless you are a mechanical engineer and metals expert, don’t try to craft the frame and components on your own. Instead, pick and choose every component, all the way down to the bar grip and seat post clamp. Then put all the parts together.
What is a decent mountain bike brand?
They eventually reversed course and saved face, but it was a good lesson that the biking community cares and public relations matter.
- Trek Bikes.
- Santa Cruz.
- Giant Bicycles.
- Yeti Cycles.
- Pivot Cycles.
- Ibis Cycles.
- Evil Bike Co.
Are Walmart mountain bikes any good?
Walmart bikes aren’t nearly as bad as people claim them to be. As a kid, I rode my Walmart bikes hard and didn’t really have any problems other than needing to adjust the derailleur once in a while and replace broken plastic pedals. If you take decent care of the bike, it will hold up just fine for many years.