- 1 What can we do at Stone Mountain?
- 2 Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
- 3 What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
- 4 What attractions are open at Stone Mountain Park?
- 5 How much are tickets for Stone Mountain?
- 6 Can you get in the water at Stone Mountain?
- 7 Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
- 8 What is Stone Mountain famous for?
- 9 Is Stone Mountain Safe?
- 10 What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
- 11 What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
- 12 What time does Stone Mountain Trail closed?
- 13 Do you have to wear a mask at Stone Mountain?
- 14 What is on top of Stone Mountain?
- 15 How do you get to the top of Stone Mountain?
What can we do at Stone Mountain?
With 3,200 acres of natural beauty just outside Atlanta, the Park offers numerous outdoor adventures for all ages. Hike 15 miles of nature trails including a 1-mile trail to the summit of Stone Mountain, enjoy a family picnic, or explore our 363-acre lake. Tee off on one of two beautiful golf courses and so much more!
Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
It’s a great hike. Stone Mountain, or “Atlanta’s Backyard,” offers 15 miles of scenic hiking and walking trails, ranging from easy to moderate. Take it slow and stop to admire the flora and fauna, or let the fresh mountain air invigorate you on a more challenging hike.
What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
Things to Do
- Stone Mountain Park. Stone Mountain Park is the biggest draw to the area, boasting more than 3,000 acres.
- Stone’s Throw Tour.
- Cemetery Tour.
- ART Station.
- Stone Mountain Manor.
- Stillwell Bed & Breakfast.
- Stone Mountain Park Campground.
- Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort.
What attractions are open at Stone Mountain Park?
The following attractions will be open:
- Dinosaur Explore-An All New Experience.
- Scenic Railroad.
- Great Locomotive Chase Adventure Golf.
- Historic Square.
- Summit Skyride* (requires an additional timed reservation)
How much are tickets for Stone Mountain?
Daily parking admission to the park is $20 and an annual pass is $40. You can purchase these passes ahead of time on our website, or at the gates upon arrival.
Can you get in the water at Stone Mountain?
Private boats are allowed on the lake during daylight hours. Boats must be launched from the Public Boat Ramp located near the Evergreen Pavilion.
Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
Not to worry. Some of the most impressive attractions Stone Mountain Park has to offer are completely free (well, free after you ‘ve bought the parking pass – $15 per day or $40 per year – to get your car or truck into the park. Bicyclists and pedestrians pay nothing.)
What is Stone Mountain famous for?
Stone Mountain is well known for not only its geology, but also the enormous rock relief on its north face, the largest bas-relief artwork in the world. The carving depicts three Confederate leaders, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.
Is Stone Mountain Safe?
Stone Mountain also has a very low crime rate so you should be very safe here. It’s also a perfect area to raise a family because of the education and job opportunities. Stone Mountain predominately has an African-American race so it’s not very diverse but it is still great. it’s a nice and quiet neighborhood.
What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
The Best 10 Restaurants near Stone Mountain, GA
- Sweet Potato Cafe. 0.3 mi. 317 reviews.
- The Village Corner. 0.5 mi. 340 reviews.
- Sarah’s Kitchen. 0.4 mi. 18 reviews.
- Stone Mountain Public House Cigar & Piano Bistro. 0.2 mi. 88 reviews.
- Metro Cafe Diner. 3.4 mi. 319 reviews.
- The 5 Bistro and Cocktails. 2.2 mi. 16 reviews.
- Stoned Pizza Kitchen. 0.3 mi. 109 reviews.
- Baraka Shawarma. 0.8 mi.
What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
Lasershow Spectacular Dates & Times: Nightly May 28 – August 1 at 9:30pm.
What time does Stone Mountain Trail closed?
The Walk-Up Trail is open daily from dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted. Just follow the painted yellow line along the trail and enjoy the unique scenery and spectacular views along the way. Restrooms are located at the base of the trail.
Do you have to wear a mask at Stone Mountain?
Stone Mountain Park Campground Guests are required to wear a mask when checking in, in the general store and in public areas. While visiting the General Store, we ask you to please practice social distancing, keeping your family 6 feet from others around you.
What is on top of Stone Mountain?
This high-speed Swiss cable car transports guests more than 825 feet above ground to the top of Stone Mountain. From the top, experience amazing views of the Atlanta skyline, the Appalachian Mountains and more up to 60 miles away.
How do you get to the top of Stone Mountain?
There are two ways to get to the top, either by the Summit Skyride, a cable car ride ($8 for a one-way ride) or our favorite and most rewarding way, by walking up! The trail starts at Stone Mountain Park’s Confederate Hall (the park ranger at the gate will offer out a map).