- 1 How long is Kennesaw Mountain Hike?
- 2 Is Kennesaw Mountain open for hiking?
- 3 Are there bears on Kennesaw Mountain?
- 4 Where do you park to hike Kennesaw Mountain?
- 5 How long does it take to walk to the top of Kennesaw Mountain?
- 6 Can you drive to the top of Kennesaw Mountain?
- 7 Can you hike Kennesaw Mountain at night?
- 8 Where can I hike in Kennesaw GA?
- 9 Is Kennesaw Mountain National?
- 10 Who won the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain?
How long is Kennesaw Mountain Hike?
Hike a strenuous 2.4 miles roundtrip on the Big Mountain Trail, climbing Kennesaw Mountain, the site of a Civil War battle, to breathtaking Atlanta skyline views.
Is Kennesaw Mountain open for hiking?
Kennesaw Mountain NBP is open from 6:30 AM – 8:30 PM during Daylight Saving Time (March – November) and 6:30 AM – 6:30 PM Standard Time (December – February) These hours apply to all trails and parking lots.
Are there bears on Kennesaw Mountain?
It has come to our attention that a large black bear has been spotted in the area near Whitlock Avenue and the Cheatham Hill area of the park. If you see the animal, please DO NOT approach and call 911 immediately to report your location.
Where do you park to hike Kennesaw Mountain?
- Mountain Road Parking Lot. Open 6:30 am – 7:30 pm (Daylight Saving), 6:30 am – 5:30 pm (Standard Time)
- Little Kennesaw Mountain Pull-Off.
- Visitor Center Parking Lot.
- Overflow Lot at Old 41.
- Gilbert Road Parking.
- Burnt Hickory Parking.
- Cheatham Hill Dr./Illinois Monument Parking.
- Cheatham Hill Rd./Recreation Area #3 Parking.
How long does it take to walk to the top of Kennesaw Mountain?
Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park | KENNESAW MOUNTAIN SUMMIT TRAIL. Time: 1.5 hours, plus time spent at the top. The most popular trail at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park is by far is the 1-mile hike to the top of Kennesaw Mountain and back to the Visitor Center (two miles round trip).
Can you drive to the top of Kennesaw Mountain?
Visitors can drive to the top and hike one of the many trails or simply take in the amazing views. Bikes are not permitted on the trails. Located in Kennesaw, just west of Marietta, Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park is accessible from I-75 and the Barrett Parkway.
Can you hike Kennesaw Mountain at night?
We are a day use only park, open from dawn to dusk.
Where can I hike in Kennesaw GA?
Kennesaw Mountain: our favorite hikes
- Battlefield Trail. 11 MILE LOOP.
- Cheatham Hill and Kolb Farm Loop Trail. 5.8 MILE LOOP.
- Environmental Trail. 1.35 MILES.
- Kennesaw Mountain Trail. 2.1 MILES.
- 24 Gun Trail. 3.5 MILES.
- Our favorite hiking gear. What to pack?
Is Kennesaw Mountain National?
Kennesaw Mountain Information Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park was authorized for protection by the War Department in 1917 and was made a unit of the National Park System in 1933. The 2,888-acre park includes the site of some of the heaviest fighting of the Atlanta Campaign of the Civil War.
Who won the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain?
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
|Date||June 27, 1864|
|Location||Cobb County, Georgia|