- 1 Can you stay at Wachusett Mountain?
- 2 What town is Wachusett Mountain in?
- 3 How long does it take to hike Mount Wachusett?
- 4 Can you drive to the top of Wachusett Mountain?
- 5 Are there bears on Wachusett Mountain?
- 6 How much is a lift ticket at Wachusett Mountain?
- 7 Can you snowshoe at Wachusett Mountain?
- 8 Can you hike up Wachusett and ski down?
- 9 How far is Wachusett Mountain from Boston?
- 10 Where do you park at Mount Wachusett?
Can you stay at Wachusett Mountain?
LODGING OPTIONS Great Wolf Lodge – Fitchburg. Colonial Hotel – Gardner. Chocksett Inn – Sterling.
What town is Wachusett Mountain in?
Mount Wachusett is a mountain in Massachusetts. It straddles towns of Princeton and Westminster, in Worcester County. It is the highest point in Massachusetts east of the Connecticut River.
|Towns||Princeton and Westminster|
|Age of rock||250 million years|
How long does it take to hike Mount Wachusett?
The time it takes to complete a hike on Mt. Wachusett is highly dependent on the route you choose. Few trails are longer than 1.0 miles; however, many trail combinations will take under two hours to complete.
Can you drive to the top of Wachusett Mountain?
Take your car straight to the summit of Wachusett Mountain, for a breathtaking 360 degree view.
Are there bears on Wachusett Mountain?
The area is rich in wild life with bears, coyotes, bob cats, wild turkeys and Turtle vultures. Apparently there used to be more than 5,000 bears in the area but today the number has decreased to 400.
How much is a lift ticket at Wachusett Mountain?
Monadnock Quad & Surface Lifts (View Lifts Included)
|Ages 13-64||Children 5 & Under|
|Session 4 (Dec 25-Mar 13)||$32||$20|
Can you snowshoe at Wachusett Mountain?
Snowshoeing is a great winter activity that provides good exercise and a chance to explore the great outdoors during a beautiful season. We make it easy and inexpensive, and we rent snowshoes in all sizes from child to adult.
Can you hike up Wachusett and ski down?
Zigzagging/switch‐backing across the trail should be avoided. The snowmobiles use the RIGHT SIDE while traveling up and use the same route (left side looking downhill) on descent. Wachusett has no obligation to allow skiers to use the ski trails prior to operation.
How far is Wachusett Mountain from Boston?
The distance between Boston and Wachusett Mountain is 43 miles. The road distance is 55.9 miles.
Where do you park at Mount Wachusett?
If you are planning to hike the mountain, please see map, and use one of the 7 alternative parking areas:
- Wachusett Mountain State Reservation Visitor’s Center.
- Mountain House Trail.
- Echo Lake Road (near Mountainside Café)
- Echo Lake Trail.
- West Side Trail.
- North Road.
- Bolton Pond Trail (on Bolton Road)