- 1 What can we do at Stone Mountain Park?
- 2 Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
- 3 What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
- 4 How much does it cost to get into Stone Mountain?
- 5 What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
- 6 Can you get in the water at Stone Mountain?
- 7 Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
- 8 What is Stone Mountain famous for?
- 9 Is Stone Mountain Safe?
- 10 What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
- 11 What time does Stone Mountain Trail closed?
- 12 How far is Savannah from Stone Mountain?
- 13 Has anyone died at Stone Mountain?
- 14 Do you have to pay to walk Stone Mountain?
- 15 How much is the Skyride at Stone Mountain?
What can we do at Stone Mountain Park?
With 3,200 acres of natural beauty just outside Atlanta, the Park offers numerous outdoor adventures for all ages. Hike 15 miles of nature trails including a 1-mile trail to the summit of Stone Mountain, enjoy a family picnic, or explore our 363-acre lake. Tee off on one of two beautiful golf courses and so much more!
Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
It’s a great hike. Stone Mountain, or “Atlanta’s Backyard,” offers 15 miles of scenic hiking and walking trails, ranging from easy to moderate. Take it slow and stop to admire the flora and fauna, or let the fresh mountain air invigorate you on a more challenging hike.
What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
Things to Do
- Stone Mountain Park. Stone Mountain Park is the biggest draw to the area, boasting more than 3,000 acres.
- Stone’s Throw Tour.
- Cemetery Tour.
- ART Station.
- Stone Mountain Manor.
- Stillwell Bed & Breakfast.
- Stone Mountain Park Campground.
- Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort.
How much does it cost to get into Stone Mountain?
It cost $15 per car to get in the gate, regardless of how many are in the car. Once you get in there is no charge for parking in the parking lots. over a year ago. Dear Traveler, there is a $15 admission/parking fee.
What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
The Best 10 Restaurants near Stone Mountain, GA
- Sweet Potato Cafe. 0.3 mi. 317 reviews.
- The Village Corner. 0.5 mi. 340 reviews.
- Sarah’s Kitchen. 0.4 mi. 18 reviews.
- Stone Mountain Public House Cigar & Piano Bistro. 0.2 mi. 88 reviews.
- Metro Cafe Diner. 3.4 mi. 319 reviews.
- The 5 Bistro and Cocktails. 2.2 mi. 16 reviews.
- Stoned Pizza Kitchen. 0.3 mi. 109 reviews.
- Baraka Shawarma. 0.8 mi.
Can you get in the water at Stone Mountain?
Private boats are allowed on the lake during daylight hours. Boats must be launched from the Public Boat Ramp located near the Evergreen Pavilion.
Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
Not to worry. Some of the most impressive attractions Stone Mountain Park has to offer are completely free (well, free after you ‘ve bought the parking pass – $15 per day or $40 per year – to get your car or truck into the park. Bicyclists and pedestrians pay nothing.)
What is Stone Mountain famous for?
Stone Mountain is well known for not only its geology, but also the enormous rock relief on its north face, the largest bas-relief artwork in the world. The carving depicts three Confederate leaders, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.
Is Stone Mountain Safe?
Stone Mountain also has a very low crime rate so you should be very safe here. It’s also a perfect area to raise a family because of the education and job opportunities. Stone Mountain predominately has an African-American race so it’s not very diverse but it is still great. it’s a nice and quiet neighborhood.
What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
Lasershow Spectacular Dates & Times: Nightly May 28 – August 1 at 9:30pm.
What time does Stone Mountain Trail closed?
The Walk-Up Trail is open daily from dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted. Just follow the painted yellow line along the trail and enjoy the unique scenery and spectacular views along the way. Restrooms are located at the base of the trail.
How far is Savannah from Stone Mountain?
The distance between Savannah and Stone Mountain is 215 miles. The road distance is 255.7 miles.
Has anyone died at Stone Mountain?
Anita Redmon’s murder remains the only unsolved murder in the park’s history. STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga.
Do you have to pay to walk Stone Mountain?
There is a fee to get into the Stone Mountain Park, but parking is free throughout. You can drive around, park, walk the various trails, and there are some restaurants in the park.
How much is the Skyride at Stone Mountain?
Individual tickets are $10 per person, round-trip, and $6 per person, one-way. Admission is included with the Adventure Pass.