- 1 Where should I stay when visiting Bear Mountain?
- 2 What towns are near Bear Mountain?
- 3 Is Bear Mountain dangerous?
- 4 What city is Bear Mountain Inn?
- 5 Can you stay overnight in Big Bear?
- 6 Is Bear Mountain Carousel open?
- 7 How far is Bear Mountain from NYC?
- 8 What can u do in Bear Mountain?
- 9 How far is Bear Mountain to West Point?
- 10 Why do they call it Bear Mountain?
- 11 Can you drive to the top of Bear Mountain?
- 12 Are there bears in Bear Mountain State Park?
- 13 How much is Bear Mountain Inn?
- 14 Are the bathrooms open at Bear Mountain?
- 15 How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC?
Where should I stay when visiting Bear Mountain?
- Vintage Lakeside Inn. 84 reviews. 41076 Big Bear Boulevard, CA 92315.
- The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort. 660 reviews. 40650 Village Dr, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315.
- Breakfast included. Travelodge by Wyndham Big Bear Lake CA. 591 reviews.
- Lakeview. 0 reviews. 28011 California 189, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352.
What towns are near Bear Mountain?
Cities near Bear Mountain State Park
- Stony Point, NY.
- Peekskill, NY.
- West Haverstraw, NY.
- Cortlandt, NY.
- Haverstraw, NY.
- Kiryas Joel, NY.
- New City, NY.
- Cornwall, NY.
Is Bear Mountain dangerous?
Is Bear Mountain, NY Safe? The A+ grade means the rate of crime is much lower than the average US city. Bear Mountain is in the 99th percentile for safety, meaning 1% of cities are safer and 99% of cities are more dangerous.
What city is Bear Mountain Inn?
|Bear Mountain Inn|
|Location||Seven Lakes Drive, Bear Mountain, New York|
|Coordinates||41°18′47″N 73°59′25″WCoordinates: 41°18′47″N 73°59′25″W|
|Architect||Tooker and Marsh|
Can you stay overnight in Big Bear?
Are there free/paid public overnight parking lots? There are no public or paid overnight lots in Big Bear, unfortunately. Private home rentals and traditional lodging facilities have limited parking so please consider carpooling when traveling to Big Bear.
Is Bear Mountain Carousel open?
Open year round. Open daily 10:30 am to 4 pm. Last entrance 3:30 pm.
How far is Bear Mountain from NYC?
The distance between Manhattan and Bear Mountain is 37 miles.
What can u do in Bear Mountain?
Day Trip Guide: Top 10 Things to Do at Bear Mountain State Park
- Visit the Trailside Museums and Zoo.
- Have a picnic.
- Walk across the Bear Mountain Bridge.
- Take a spin on the merry-go-round.
- Rent paddleboats.
- Go ice skating.
- Have Sunday brunch at Restaurant 1915 at the Bear Mountain Inn.
- Go for a hike.
How far is Bear Mountain to West Point?
There are 7.74 miles from West Point to Bear Mountain in southwest direction and 13 miles (20.92 kilometers) by car, following the US-9W and US-202 route. West Point and Bear Mountain are 26 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Why do they call it Bear Mountain?
Its name is a reference to the Appalachian Trail that runs through the complex. The zoo began as a bear den in 1926 and is currently the home of a wide variety of local injured or rehabilitating animals, including bears, otters, deer, bald eagles, and owls.
Can you drive to the top of Bear Mountain?
To Drive to the Top of Bear Mountain: Or, from Bear Mountain Inn, go south on Seven Lakes Drive for nearly two miles, and then take a slight right onto Perkins Memorial Drive and head uphill for two miles, to the top.
Are there bears in Bear Mountain State Park?
Typically areas that are more north of the city, and therefore more rural, have more bear sightings per year. Ed McGowan, the director of Trailside Museum and Zoo at Bear Mountain State Park, said that in the 15 years he has worked at Bear Mountain, there has been a definite increase in bears roaming the area.
How much is Bear Mountain Inn?
Fees are $45 for the first night, plus $5 for each additional night (exclusive of room rate, taxes, and applicable fees). (Pets are NOT permitted in The Inn or Stone Cottages. exception: service animals.)
Are the bathrooms open at Bear Mountain?
Restrooms: Public restrooms may be limited. Visitors should plan accordingly and call the park office for more information.
How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC?
- Peekskill: Via Metro-North, take the Hudson Line from Grand Central Terminal to the Peekskill station. A ten-minute taxi ride up to Bear Mountain will cost your group about $25 one-way.
- Base of Bear Mountain: Via Port Authority Bus Terminal, take the bus.