- 1 Where should I stay when visiting Bear Mountain?
- 2 Is Bear Mountain dangerous?
- 3 What town is Bear Mountain near?
- 4 How much is Bear Mountain Inn?
- 5 Can you stay overnight in Big Bear?
- 6 Is Bear Mountain Carousel open?
- 7 Are there bears in Bear Mountain State Park?
- 8 Can you drive to the top of Bear Mountain?
- 9 Can you see NYC from Bear Mountain?
- 10 What can u do in Bear Mountain?
- 11 What is around Bear Mountain?
- 12 How far is Bear Mountain from NYC?
- 13 Are the bathrooms open at Bear Mountain?
- 14 How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC?
- 15 Is Bear Mountain Lodge Pet Friendly?
Where should I stay when visiting Bear Mountain?
- Vintage Lakeside Inn. 84 reviews. 41076 Big Bear Boulevard, CA 92315.
- The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort. 660 reviews. 40650 Village Dr, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315.
- Breakfast included. Travelodge by Wyndham Big Bear Lake CA. 591 reviews.
- Lakeview. 0 reviews. 28011 California 189, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352.
Is Bear Mountain dangerous?
Is Bear Mountain, NY Safe? The A+ grade means the rate of crime is much lower than the average US city. Bear Mountain is in the 99th percentile for safety, meaning 1% of cities are safer and 99% of cities are more dangerous.
What town is Bear Mountain near?
Bear Mountain State Park is a 5,205-acre (21.06 km2) state park located on the west bank of the Hudson River in Rockland and Orange counties, New York.
|Bear Mountain State Park|
|Nearest city||Fort Montgomery, NY (2 miles) New York City (50 miles)|
|Coordinates||41°18′46″N 74°00′21″WCoordinates: 41°18′46″N 74°00′21″W|
How much is Bear Mountain Inn?
Fees are $45 for the first night, plus $5 for each additional night (exclusive of room rate, taxes, and applicable fees). (Pets are NOT permitted in The Inn or Stone Cottages. exception: service animals.)
Can you stay overnight in Big Bear?
Are there free/paid public overnight parking lots? There are no public or paid overnight lots in Big Bear, unfortunately. Private home rentals and traditional lodging facilities have limited parking so please consider carpooling when traveling to Big Bear.
Is Bear Mountain Carousel open?
Open year round. Open daily 10:30 am to 4 pm. Last entrance 3:30 pm.
Are there bears in Bear Mountain State Park?
Typically areas that are more north of the city, and therefore more rural, have more bear sightings per year. Ed McGowan, the director of Trailside Museum and Zoo at Bear Mountain State Park, said that in the 15 years he has worked at Bear Mountain, there has been a definite increase in bears roaming the area.
Can you drive to the top of Bear Mountain?
To Drive to the Top of Bear Mountain: Or, from Bear Mountain Inn, go south on Seven Lakes Drive for nearly two miles, and then take a slight right onto Perkins Memorial Drive and head uphill for two miles, to the top.
Can you see NYC from Bear Mountain?
From Bear Mountain, the park high point, you can see the New York skyline 35 miles to the south on a clear day. But you ‘ll be seeing plenty of those concrete canyons come Monday morning. DRIVE TIME: The park is about 35 miles (1 hour) north of New York City. The Appalachian Trail traverses the park for 20 miles.
What can u do in Bear Mountain?
Day Trip Guide: Top 10 Things to Do at Bear Mountain State Park
- Visit the Trailside Museums and Zoo.
- Have a picnic.
- Walk across the Bear Mountain Bridge.
- Take a spin on the merry-go-round.
- Rent paddleboats.
- Go ice skating.
- Have Sunday brunch at Restaurant 1915 at the Bear Mountain Inn.
- Go for a hike.
What is around Bear Mountain?
Things to Do near Bear Mountain State Park
- Perkins Memorial Tower. #2 of 6 things to do in Bear Mountain.
- Trailside Museum & Zoo. #1 of 3 things to do in Tomkins Cove.
- Bear Mountain Trading Company. #6 of 6 things to do in Bear Mountain.
- United States Military Academy Visitors Center.
- West Point Museum.
- West Point Tours.
- Boscobel House and Gardens.
- Storm King Art Center.
How far is Bear Mountain from NYC?
The distance between Manhattan and Bear Mountain is 37 miles.
Are the bathrooms open at Bear Mountain?
Restrooms: Public restrooms may be limited. Visitors should plan accordingly and call the park office for more information.
How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC?
- Peekskill: Via Metro-North, take the Hudson Line from Grand Central Terminal to the Peekskill station. A ten-minute taxi ride up to Bear Mountain will cost your group about $25 one-way.
- Base of Bear Mountain: Via Port Authority Bus Terminal, take the bus.
Is Bear Mountain Lodge Pet Friendly?
Bear Mountain Lodge allows two dogs of any size for an additional fee of $30 per pet, per night.