- 1 How do you get to Windham Mountain from NYC?
- 2 How far is Windham NY from NYC?
- 3 How far is Hunter Mountain from Windham Mountain?
- 4 What time does Windham Mountain Open?
- 5 How do you get to Windham NY?
- 6 How far is Hunter Mountain from New York City?
- 7 Which is better Hunter or Windham?
- 8 Is Windham Mountain good for beginners?
- 9 Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
- 10 How much is a day pass at Windham Mountain?
- 11 How much are lift tickets at Windham?
- 12 Is Windham Mountain busy?
How do you get to Windham Mountain from NYC?
Getting here by train Amtrak operates daily between NYC’s Penn Station and Hudson, NY – a 40 minute drive from Windham Mountain. Make a rental car reservation through Enterprise and they’ll meet you at the station.
How far is Windham NY from NYC?
The distance between New York and Windham is 110 miles. The road distance is 136 miles.
How far is Hunter Mountain from Windham Mountain?
There are 6.69 miles from Hunter to Windham in northwest direction and 9 miles (14.48 kilometers) by car, following the NY 296 route. Hunter and Windham are 16 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What time does Windham Mountain Open?
Tickets purchased are nonrefundable, nontransferable and are only valid on the designated day of issuance. BIKE PARK TICKETS AND BIKE RENTALS MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE.
|2021 Hours||Monday, Thursday, Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
|July 3rd* – September 6th||10am – 5pm||9am – 5pm|
How do you get to Windham NY?
There are 3 ways to get from New York to Windham Mountain by train, taxi, bus or car
- Take the train from New York Moynihan Train Hall to Hudson Amtrak Station Empire Service /
- Take a taxi from Hudson Amtrak Station to Windham Mountain.
How far is Hunter Mountain from New York City?
The distance between New York and Hunter Mountain is 101 miles. The road distance is 128.1 miles.
Which is better Hunter or Windham?
Windham has always been a more sedate and polished experience than Hunter, attracting more affluent skiers and snowboarders. Windham has the same 1,600-foot vertical drop (and nearly 100 percent snowmaking coverage) as Hunter but not as much terrain variety or challenge.
Is Windham Mountain good for beginners?
Windham’s lower beginner slopes have ample “magic carpets,” or conveyor lifts. The only downside is that in order to transition to the short beginner chairlift, newbies have to get to the other side of the base area, which would most likely involve taking off their skis or snowboard.
Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
– Hunter offers better facility for beginners. It has a pretty large separate section of the mountain for beginners. It does not have magic carpet like Windham but it offers 3 chairlifts. As a beginner, it felt great to able to use the chairlift instead of magic carpet.
How much is a day pass at Windham Mountain?
Up-Hill Travel Ticket: $30 per day or $90 for a Season Pass.
How much are lift tickets at Windham?
Windham Mountain Lift Tickets and Ski Passes The last time we checked, a single day adult ticket at Windham Mountain cost $72.00 on the mountain. This price is subject to change without notice.
Is Windham Mountain busy?
It can get really crowded, but not worse than anywhere else. Best of all it’s a manageable mountain and if like me you have several children, it’s nice to know they really can’t get lost. The terrain isn’t terribly challenging but it keeps the intermediate and beginner people happy.