- 1 What is the best cheap mountain bike?
- 2 How much is a cheap mountain bike?
- 3 How do I get the best deal on a mountain bike?
- 4 Where can I find cheap bikes?
- 5 What is a good mountain bike for $500?
- 6 Can I get a decent mountain bike for 500?
- 7 What is a good mountain bike for a beginner?
- 8 How much should I pay for my first mountain bike?
- 9 Is it worth buying an expensive mountain bike?
- 10 What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
- 11 What time of year do bikes go on sale?
- 12 Can you negotiate bike prices?
- 13 Are Walmart bikes worth it?
- 14 What is the best cheap bike?
- 15 How do I know what size bike to buy?
What is the best cheap mountain bike?
Best budget mountain bikes under $500
- GT Aggressor Expert. A classic name with some clever seat stays.
- Giant Talon 29 3 2021. Best budget bike for cross-country riding.
- Cube Aim 29.
- NS Bikes Eccentric Lite 2.
- Rocky Mountain Growler 20.
- Vitus Nucleus 27 VR.
- Nukeproof Scout 275 Race.
- Specialized Fuse 27.5.
How much is a cheap mountain bike?
The cheapest full suspension mountain bike I’ve found is around $700 – the Diamondback Recoil. It may be considered cheap by some, but, at over $500, it’s too expensive for our cheap mountain bikes list.
How do I get the best deal on a mountain bike?
If you’re extremely selective about what you’re looking for, you might want to pay top dollar and buy in season.
- Buy a Used, But Well-Maintained Rental Bike from a Shop Fleet.
- Find a Great Demo Program.
- Buy a Used Bike from a Private Party.
- Opt for a Wheel Size or Standard that’s Fallen out of Fashion.
Where can I find cheap bikes?
Cheap bikes are relatively easy to find — if you know where to look!
- How To Find A Free Or Cheap Bike. To find a budget -friendly bike, I would try these first:
- #1 – Craigslist.
- #2 – Freecycle.
- #3 – Used Sporting Goods Stores.
- #4 – Local Bike Shops.
- #5 – eBay & Amazon.
- #6 – Garage Sales.
What is a good mountain bike for $500?
Best Men’s Mountain Bikes Under $500
- New! Marin Eldridge Grade 1.
- Co-op Cycles – DRT 1.1.
- Cannondale – Trail 8 ‘2021
- Trek – Marlin 4 ‘2021.
- Merax – Finiss.
- Diamondback – Overdrive 29er.
- Raleigh – Talus 1.
- Schwinn – Bonafide.
Can I get a decent mountain bike for 500?
1. The best trail mountain bike for under £ 500: Trek Marlin 5. Taking cues from Trek’s posher trail bikes, the Marlin 5 both looks and rides like a far more expensive machine.
What is a good mountain bike for a beginner?
The Cannondale Trail 5 is a decent beginner mountain bike for those looking to break out beyond just singletrack and explore more varied terrain. It has a lightweight aluminum frame and an SR Suntour fork with 100mm of travel, enough for taking on small drops and rough trails.
How much should I pay for my first mountain bike?
At the bare minimum, we recommend looking at hardtails for no less than $1,500 and full suspension at $2,000 to $2,500. You can certainly purchase bikes for less, especially if you get away from the name brands or are willing to take inferior parts.
Is it worth buying an expensive mountain bike?
After reviewing all of the component-related upgrades that go into an expensive mountain bike it’s clear that they offer superior performance. For rider’s that demand the absolute best performance out of their bike’s then it’s a pretty straightforward answer to say that yes, these bikes are worth it for them.
What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
The top 5 mountain bike brands that I recommend are: Giant Bicycles, Trek, Specialized Bicycle Components Inc., Santa Cruz Bicycles, and Cannondale. These brands of bikes are ones that have been around a long time, have great reviews on the trails, and are even part of the history of mountain biking itself.
What time of year do bikes go on sale?
“From October to April, I can usually get you any bike you need,” Boles said. “After that, bike manufacturers slow down production as they start ramping up for the next model year.” Farther north, most shops have a slow season in the winter followed by a large upswing in sales as the weather warms.
Can you negotiate bike prices?
Yes. First you figure out what bike you want. Then you go to 3 different bike shops(that carry that brand) and at each bike shop you tell them you are 100% gonna be buying a bike. At each shop you tell them you are going to 2 more shops to see who has the best price.
Are Walmart bikes worth it?
The best thing about a walmart bike is the warantee. Yes, they are indeed that bad. They are very poorly manufactured, and often poorly assembled. Unlike other varieties of low-end stuff one might find at a place like Wal-Mart, the problem with crappy bikes is that they have the potential to really be dangerous.
What is the best cheap bike?
View The Best Cheap Bike Below
- Kent Northwoods Springdale – Overall Best Cheap Bike.
- Sixthreezero Around the Block – Best Cheap Bike for Women.
- Priority Classic Plus – Best Cheap Bike for Men.
- Schwinn Discover 700c Hybrid Bicycle.
- Mongoose Dolomite.
- Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle.
- Ninasill Shipment Bicycle.
How do I know what size bike to buy?
#3 – Bike Size Calculator
- Measure your leg inseam. While standing with your legs either together or apart, you need to measure the length of your leg on the inner side.
- Calculate! Mountain bikes – x 0.685 = Your frame size (in centimeters) Road bikes – x 0.70 = Your frame size (in centimeters)