How do I install Mountain Lion?
Installing Mountain Lion
- Double-click the Install OS X Mountain Lion app; in the window that appears, click Continue, and then click Agree to agree to the software license agreement.
- On the next screen, you choose where to install the OS.
- Click Install, and then provide an admin-level username and password when prompted.
How long does it take to install Mountain Lion?
Once Mountain Lion is on the Mac App Store, it’ll be a $20 purchase and installs directly from the App Store. It takes about 30-45 minutes to install depending on the speed of the internet connection and it’s mostly automated, you don’t need to sit around babysitting the installer.
Is Mountain Lion still supported by Apple?
Remember, even Lion isn’t supported anymore, and Snow Leopard hasn’t gotten new security updates for quite a while, so it’s best to avoid using both of these older operating systems. Of course, Apple no longer releases security updates for Leopard ( Mac OS X version 10.5.
How do I install Lion on my MacBook Pro?
The download process from the Mac App Store also created an Install Mac OS X Lion icon in your Dock.
- Click the Lion installer Dock icon (or double-click the Install Mac OS X Lion application in the Applications folder) to start the Lion installation process.
- Click Continue in the window that opens.
Can I download older versions of Mac OS?
Download Mac OS X If you have access to a Mac running OS X Yosemite or older it is possible to see old versions of Mac OS X in the Mac App Store. Yosemite, Mavericks and Mountain Lion can all be seen here. Open the Mac App Store (choose Store > Sign In if you need to log in). Click Purchased.