- 1 How do I choose the right mountain bike for me?
- 2 What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
- 3 What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- 4 What is the best brand of mountain bike?
- 5 Should I get a 27.5 or 29 mountain bike?
- 6 What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
- 7 Is 26-inch bike good for what height?
- 8 How tall should I be for a 26-inch bike?
- 9 How tall should you be for a 27.5 bike?
- 10 What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
- 11 What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
- 12 Do I really need a full suspension mountain bike?
- 13 How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
- 14 How long do mountain bikes last?
- 15 Is Cannondale better than giant?
How do I choose the right mountain bike for me?
8 TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR FIRST MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Get the right size.
- Choose a wheel size.
- Choose hardtail or full-suss.
- Don’t obsess about weight.
- Beware the flashy trinkets.
- Choose suspension quality, not quantity.
- Look for futureproof design.
- Keep some budget back.
What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
Mountain Bike Size Chart
|Rider Height (in)||Rider Height (cm)||Frame Size (in)|
|4′ 10″ – 5′ 2″||148cm – 158cm||13″ – 14″|
|5′ 3″ – 5′ 6″||159cm – 168cm||15″ – 16″|
|5′ 7″ – 5′ 10″||169cm – 178cm||17″ – 18″|
|5′ 11″ – 6′ 1″||179cm – 185cm||19″ – 20″|
What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- Mongoose Switchback – Men’s and Women’s.
- Neffice 27.5 Mountain Bike.
- Schwinn Mesa.
- Merax Finiss. Cheapest We Could Find.
- Mongoose Malus Fat Bike. Our Top Pick – Best Fat Bike Under $500!
- Royce Union. Best 29er Trail Bike.
- Outroad Mountain Bike. Best MTB with 26″ Wheels.
- Prevelo Alpha Two Kids’ Bike. Best Bike for Kids Under $500.
What is the best brand of mountain bike?
Here are seven of the best mountain bike brands.
- Yeti. The first mountain bike brand on the list is Yeti Cycles, founded in 1985 and currently located in Colorado.
- Kona. Founded in 1988, Kona Bicycle Company is one of the best mountain bike brands in the world.
- Santa Cruz.
Should I get a 27.5 or 29 mountain bike?
27.5 ”: Faster acceleration is often cited as one of the biggest benefits of a 27.5 ” wheel when compared to a 29 ” wheel. However, once the larger wheels reach top speed, they’re actually more efficient for longer rides than smaller wheels because they require less effort to keep their momentum going.
What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
4 Best Beginner Mountain Bikes for recreational riders
- Co-op Cycles DRT 1.2 $949.
- Trek Marlin 4 $500.
- Tommaso Gran Sasso $875.
- Giant ATX $480.
Is 26-inch bike good for what height?
“ 26 ” wheel size is perfect for most of the adults with a height above 6 feet. Most of the touring bikes and hybrid bikes come in 700C metric wheels, which are also known as 29- inch wheels.
How tall should I be for a 26-inch bike?
*Cruiser bikes use 26 ″ wheels. Actually, there is no such thing as a 26 – inch bike. There are bikes with 26 – inch wheels, which are suitable for heights between 5’0″ and 5’5″.
How tall should you be for a 27.5 bike?
TT/triathlon bike size guide table
|5’0″ – 5’3″||152.5 – 160cm||26.5″ – 28″|
|5’2″ – 5’5″||157.5 – 165cm||27.5 ” – 29″|
|5’4″ – 5’7″||162.5 – 170cm||28.5″ – 30″|
|5’6″ – 5’9″||167.5 – 175cm||29.5″ – 31″|
What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
The top 5 mountain bike brands that I recommend are: Giant Bicycles, Trek, Specialized Bicycle Components Inc., Santa Cruz Bicycles, and Cannondale. These brands of bikes are ones that have been around a long time, have great reviews on the trails, and are even part of the history of mountain biking itself.
What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
10 Affordable Mountain Bikes Priced Under $1000 That Are Worth a Look
|Vitus Nucleus 27||$970||27.5/29|
Do I really need a full suspension mountain bike?
The brief answer is: Choose a full – suspension bike if you are willing to spend a bit more and you want to ride technical trails. On the other hand, choose a hardtail bike if you’re on a tighter budget and/or plan to spend most of your time on smoother trails.
How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
At the bare minimum, we recommend looking at hardtails for no less than $1,500 and full suspension at $2,000 to $2,500. You can certainly purchase bikes for less, especially if you get away from the name brands or are willing to take inferior parts.
How long do mountain bikes last?
With proper maintenance a mountain bike can last over 20 years. This duration is highly dependent on where you ride and how much you ride. Some items will wear out, tires, chains, brake pads and drivetrains will not last forever.
Is Cannondale better than giant?
Cannondale has a wider collection of mountain bikes on all levels compared to giant, but if you’re looking to buy high-quality carbon full suspension under 5000$ giant is the brand to choose, at the same time both brands use quality parts and the latest drivetrain components for their builds.