- 1 Where is Sugar Mountain Resort located?
- 2 How far is Sugar Mountain from Asheville?
- 3 What is the closest town to Sugar Mountain Ski Resort?
- 4 How far is Sugar Mountain from Charlotte?
- 5 Which is better beech or sugar?
- 6 How much does it cost to ski at Sugar Mountain?
- 7 What is the biggest ski resort in North Carolina?
- 8 Does Sugar Mountain have snow?
- 9 Does Sugar Mountain have tubing?
- 10 How far away is Beech Mountain from Sugar Mountain?
- 11 How far is Beech Mountain from Sugar Mountain?
- 12 How do you fly to Sugar Mountain?
- 13 What should you wear to ski?
- 14 Can you buy Sugar Mountain lift tickets online?
- 15 How long does Sugar Mountain stay open?
Where is Sugar Mountain Resort located?
We invite you to our mile-high resort village of Sugar Mountain, North Carolina – the High Country’s sweet spot for adventures and natural scenery in all four seasons. We are conveniently located in the middle of Pisgah National Forest and the highest Blue Ridge Mountains with many things to do.
How far is Sugar Mountain from Asheville?
There are 53.65 miles from Sugar Mountain to Asheville in southwest direction and 73 miles (117.48 kilometers) by car, following the US-221 route.
What is the closest town to Sugar Mountain Ski Resort?
Sugar Mountain and Boone, NC When you get close to Sugar Mountain, your closest town landmark is only a brief drive away. The closest major town is Boone, NC. Sugar Mountain is about 30 minutes southwest of Boone, about 16 miles. Visitors from Boone will use NC -105 south for the duration of the trip.
How far is Sugar Mountain from Charlotte?
The distance between Charlotte and Sugar Mountain is 85 miles. The road distance is 108.8 miles.
Which is better beech or sugar?
The #1 reason is, Beech has a high speed lift to get you to the top. Sugar may have more slopes but Beech has more skiable terrain.
How much does it cost to ski at Sugar Mountain?
Individual Ticket Pricing
|Adults ages 12+||Mon-Thurs||Saturday|
|Full Day||46 35||77 58|
|Half Day||36 27||61 46|
|Twilight||46 35||77 58|
|Night||30 23||41 31|
What is the biggest ski resort in North Carolina?
Sugar Mountain Ski Resort Offering the largest ski area in North Carolina, the most diverse range of runs, and the most vertical (1,200-foot vertical drop), it’s hard to beat a day of skiing at Sugar mountain.
Does Sugar Mountain have snow?
Overall, Sugar Mountain receives about 42 inches of snowfall a year. During the winter, it is common to see about a foot every other week, but the snowfall is usually sporadic and non-intrusive.
Does Sugar Mountain have tubing?
The Tubing Park is located across the street from the Ski Lodge – on the golf course. The Ice Skating Rink is adjacent. The park offers lights for night tubing, regularly groomed lanes and snowmaking.
How far away is Beech Mountain from Sugar Mountain?
There are 5.87 miles from Sugar Mountain to Beech Mountain in northwest direction and 10 miles (16.09 kilometers) by car, following the NC 184 route. Sugar Mountain and Beech Mountain are 22 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Sugar Mountain, NC to Beech Mountain, NC.
How far is Beech Mountain from Sugar Mountain?
There are 5.87 miles from Beech Mountain to Sugar Mountain in southeast direction and 10 miles (16.09 kilometers) by car, following the NC 184 route. Beech Mountain and Sugar Mountain are 22 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How do you fly to Sugar Mountain?
Sugar Mountain Resort is located at:
- Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (CLT):
- Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO):
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL):
- Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI):
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU):
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL):
What should you wear to ski?
What to Wear Skiing and Snowboarding
- Long underwear.
- Light fleece or wool top.
- Ski or snowboard socks.
- Ski or snowboard jacket.
- Ski or snowboard pants (or bibs)
- Gloves or mittens.
Can you buy Sugar Mountain lift tickets online?
There no options for online tickets. Buy lift tickets at the main ticket windows in front of the main lodge as you approach from the parking lot, in the Rental Department, and in the Ski School building.
How long does Sugar Mountain stay open?
Opening and Closing Dates Sugar Mountain Resort