- 1 How far is Grouse Mountain from Vancouver?
- 2 Is Grouse Mountain on Vancouver Island?
- 3 Can you drive to the top of Grouse Mountain?
- 4 Is Grouse Mountain worth visiting?
- 5 Is there a free shuttle to Grouse Mountain?
- 6 Do you have to pay to visit Grouse Mountain?
- 7 What is there to do at the top of Grouse Mountain?
- 8 How long is the Grouse Mountain gondola ride?
- 9 Do you need snow tires to go to Grouse Mountain?
- 10 How much does parking cost at Grouse Mountain?
- 11 How much does it cost to ski at Grouse Mountain?
- 12 Is the Grouse Grind difficult?
How far is Grouse Mountain from Vancouver?
Rising 1,250 metres (4,100 feet) above Vancouver and just 15 minutes from the city’s downtown core, is the vast alpine playground of Grouse Mountain.
Is Grouse Mountain on Vancouver Island?
Grouse Mountain – The Peak of Vancouver.
Can you drive to the top of Grouse Mountain?
It bears repeating – you do not drive to the TOP of the mountains. You drive to the base and take a gondola from there. Grouse is in Vancouver, Whistler is a different community 2 hrs north. That time of year, you may only need to step outside your door for snow.
Is Grouse Mountain worth visiting?
The food and especially view are well worth the trip. I will definitely visit here again on future visits.
Is there a free shuttle to Grouse Mountain?
The free mountain shuttle service will not be operating during the 2020 Summer Season. We hope to resume this service in Summer 2021. Alternative transportation is available via public transit.
Do you have to pay to visit Grouse Mountain?
There is no fee to climb the Grouse Grind trail. From the top, the cost to take the Skyride back down is $20.00. If you intend to do the Grouse Grind regularly, Grouse Mountain offers two Annual Passes that are very cost effective.
What is there to do at the top of Grouse Mountain?
Field Trip Programs
- What’s Open today on Grouse. Please check the status of our activities and attractions before your visit. Ziplines.
- Skyride. The first thrill in your. day of adventure.
- Skiing & Snowboarding. See how Vancouver does winter. Ziplines.
- Snowshoeing. Explore the outdoors with snowshoes this winter. Ziplines.
How long is the Grouse Mountain gondola ride?
The SkyRide starts at the base of the Grouse Mountain at about 300 metres (1000 feet) and climbs to 1100 m (3700 feet) in twelve minutes. During the trip, you can see all of Vancouver and the surrounding area. It’s an exciting and informative ride, and you’ll feel like you’re on an exotic European vacation.
Do you need snow tires to go to Grouse Mountain?
Rarely ever do you need winter tires to get there, which isn’t the case for all the other mountains. Grouse Mountain is also the Lower Mainland’s most accessible ski hill by Public Transit.
How much does parking cost at Grouse Mountain?
2020 Parking Rates
|3-Hour Parking Ticket||$8|
|Day Parking Ticket||$10|
|1-Year Full Service Parking Permit||$40|
|2-Year Full Service Parking Permit||$69|
How much does it cost to ski at Grouse Mountain?
day Ski/snowboard ticket
|Adult (19-64)||Child (5-12)|
|WEEKDAYS Day Ski /Board Ticket||$55||$25|
|WEEKEND Day Ski /Board Ticket||$79||$29|
Is the Grouse Grind difficult?
The Grouse Grind can be very challenging, especially for unseasoned hikers. If you bike, play sports, go to the gym, or do any sort of physical activity, you’ll likely be more than fine. For those that are still a little worried, however, it wouldn’t hurt to try an easier hike first.