- 1 How far is Sugar Mountain from Asheville?
- 2 Where in NC is Sugar Mountain?
- 3 What towns are near Sugar Mountain NC?
- 4 Where is Sugar Mountain Resort located?
- 5 Which is better sugar or Beech Mountain?
- 6 What is the biggest ski resort in North Carolina?
- 7 Does Sugar Mountain NC have snow?
- 8 How do you fly to Sugar Mountain?
- 9 Is there a real Sugar Mountain?
- 10 How far is Sugar Mountain from Gatlinburg?
- 11 How Far Is Boone from Sugar Mountain?
- 12 How far is Sugar Mountain from Grandfather Mountain?
- 13 How much does it cost to ski at Sugar Mountain?
- 14 What should you wear to ski?
- 15 Can you buy Sugar Mountain lift tickets online?
How far is Sugar Mountain from Asheville?
There are 53.65 miles from Sugar Mountain to Asheville in southwest direction and 73 miles (117.48 kilometers) by car, following the US-221 route. Sugar Mountain and Asheville are 1 hour 32 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Where in NC is Sugar Mountain?
Sugar Mountain is tucked away in the Blue Ridge North Carolina Mountains.
What towns are near Sugar Mountain NC?
Local towns near Sugar Mountain, NC
- Norwood Hollow, NC.
- Grandfather, NC.
- Seven Devils, NC.
- Banner Elk, NC.
- Balm, NC.
- Valley Creek, NC.
- Elk Valley, NC.
- Linville, NC.
Where is Sugar Mountain Resort located?
We invite you to our mile-high resort village of Sugar Mountain, North Carolina – the High Country’s sweet spot for adventures and natural scenery in all four seasons. We are conveniently located in the middle of Pisgah National Forest and the highest Blue Ridge Mountains with many things to do.
Which is better sugar or Beech Mountain?
Avid skier here and have been skiing 36 years. When I ski in NC I always choose Beech over Sugar. The #1 reason is, Beech has a high speed lift to get you to the top. Sugar may have more slopes but Beech has more skiable terrain.
What is the biggest ski resort in North Carolina?
Sugar Mountain Ski Resort Offering the largest ski area in North Carolina, the most diverse range of runs, and the most vertical (1,200-foot vertical drop), it’s hard to beat a day of skiing at Sugar mountain.
Does Sugar Mountain NC have snow?
Overall, Sugar Mountain receives about 42 inches of snowfall a year. During the winter, it is common to see about a foot every other week, but the snowfall is usually sporadic and non-intrusive.
How do you fly to Sugar Mountain?
Sugar Mountain Resort is located at:
- Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (CLT):
- Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO):
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL):
- Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI):
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU):
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL):
Is there a real Sugar Mountain?
Sugar Mountain is a village in Avery County, North Carolina, United States. The village is located on Sugar Mountain’s north slope. The population was 198 at the 2010 census.
How far is Sugar Mountain from Gatlinburg?
There are 96.85 miles from Gatlinburg to Sugar Mountain in northeast direction and 150 miles (241.40 kilometers) by car, following the I-81 N route.
How Far Is Boone from Sugar Mountain?
There are 11.81 miles from Sugar Mountain to Boone in northeast direction and 15 miles (24.14 kilometers) by car, following the NC 105 and US-221 Truck route. Sugar Mountain and Boone are 23 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Sugar Mountain from Grandfather Mountain?
Located only 15 minutes away from Sugar Mountain, Grandfather Mountain is home to the famous “Mile High Swinging Bridge,” the Nature Museum, wildlife habitats featuring bears and hiking trails.
How much does it cost to ski at Sugar Mountain?
Multi-Day ski rentals are available for up to 5 days. Adults are $29 per day, children 11 & under are $20 per day. No refunds for early returns.
What should you wear to ski?
What to Wear Skiing and Snowboarding
- Long underwear.
- Light fleece or wool top.
- Ski or snowboard socks.
- Ski or snowboard jacket.
- Ski or snowboard pants (or bibs)
- Gloves or mittens.
Can you buy Sugar Mountain lift tickets online?
There no options for online tickets. Buy lift tickets at the main ticket windows in front of the main lodge as you approach from the parking lot, in the Rental Department, and in the Ski School building.