- 1 What is Mountain City Tennessee close to?
- 2 How far is Mountain City TN from Knoxville TN?
- 3 How far is mountain city from Johnson City?
- 4 How far is Mountain City TN from Bristol TN?
- 5 Is Mountain City TN safe?
- 6 Is Mountain City Tennessee a nice place to live?
- 7 What is there to do in Mountain City TN?
- 8 Is Tennessee high altitude?
- 9 What’s the crime rate in Mountain City Tennessee?
- 10 What is the cost of living in Mountain City Tennessee?
- 11 What mountain range is Mountain City Tennessee in?
What is Mountain City Tennessee close to?
U.S. Route 421 (Shady Street) connects Mountain City with Bristol, Tennessee, to the northwest and Boone, North Carolina, to the southeast.
How far is Mountain City TN from Knoxville TN?
Distance from Knoxville, TN to Mountain City, TN There are 123.17 miles from Knoxville to Mountain City in northeast direction and 146 miles (234.96 kilometers) by car, following the I-81 N route. Knoxville and Mountain City are 2 hours 33 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is mountain city from Johnson City?
There are 32.49 miles from Mountain City to Johnson City in southwest direction and 43 miles (69.20 kilometers) by car, following the TN 67 route. Mountain City and Johnson City are 1 hour 2 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Mountain City TN from Bristol TN?
|Distance type||Miles||Nautical miles|
|Straight line distance||22.89 mi||19.89 nautical mi|
|Driving distance||33 mi||28.50 nautical mi|
Is Mountain City TN safe?
Mountain City has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Mountain City is 1 in 70.
Is Mountain City Tennessee a nice place to live?
Mountain City is a great place to live. It’s a small town, very laid back. The county seat for Johnson County, so the courthouse is right down town. The weather is really great, although it can get pretty cold and snowy during the winter, so if your not used to driving on icey snowy roads, it can be a bit scary.
What is there to do in Mountain City TN?
- Outdoor Activities. Doe Mountain Recreation & Outdoor Adventure. More than 50 miles of multiuse trails accommodate ATV, UTV (Side by Side) and dirt bike riders, in addition to a growing network of foot and mountain bike trails.
- Festivals. Long Journey Home.
- Shopping. Vintage & Rust.
Is Tennessee high altitude?
Tennessee’s average elevation is 900 ft (274 m) above sea level. The highest point in the state is 6,643 ft (2,024 m) above sea level at Clingman’s Dome, and the lowest point is 128 ft (39 m) above sea level at the Mississippi River.
What’s the crime rate in Mountain City Tennessee?
The Mountain City TN crime rate for 2018 was 167.01 per 100,000 population, a 35.33% increase from 2017. The Mountain City TN crime rate for 2017 was 123.41 per 100,000 population, a 24.01% decline from 2016. The Mountain City TN crime rate for 2016 was 162.4 per 100,000 population, a 33.5% increase from 2015.
What is the cost of living in Mountain City Tennessee?
Mountain City cost of living is 72.3
|COST OF LIVING||Mountain City||USA|
What mountain range is Mountain City Tennessee in?
Mountain City TN – Mountain City is located in Johnson County Tennessee in the Appalachian Mountain chain. The elevations in the county range from 1800 to 5000 feet. Find this Pin and more on Appalachia by Whitney McFrederick.