- 1 What is Mountain Home Arkansas known for?
- 2 Is Mountain Home AR a good place to live?
- 3 What is there to do in Mountain View Arkansas this weekend?
- 4 What is in Mountain Home?
- 5 What is the crime rate in Mountain Home Arkansas?
- 6 Does it snow in Mountain Home Arkansas?
- 7 How safe is Mountain Home AR?
- 8 Does Mountain Home Arkansas get tornadoes?
- 9 Is Mountain Home Arkansas a good place to retire?
- 10 What is close to Mountain View Arkansas?
- 11 Is Mountain View Arkansas a dry county?
- 12 What mountains are in Mountain View Arkansas?
- 13 Is Mountain Home Arkansas Open?
- 14 How far is Mountain Home Arkansas from Branson Missouri?
- 15 How do you get to Mountain View Arkansas?
What is Mountain Home Arkansas known for?
Mountain Home, AR was one of the state’s first water resort and retirement regions with fishing, water sports, outdoor recreation, shopping and dining as top draws. Also, local golfing, historic attractions and natural beauty lure people to the area.
Is Mountain Home AR a good place to live?
Mountain Home is great place to live if you want to live somewhere beautiful where you can clear your head! The lakes are great and the people are very nice. Mountain Home is where a lot of people come to retire because of the enviroment and gorgeous scenery.
What is there to do in Mountain View Arkansas this weekend?
- Blanchard Springs Recreation Area. 319.
- Ozark Folk Center State Park. 421.
- Swinging Bridge. Bridges.
- The Old Mill. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Washington Street Park. Parks.
- Stone County Barn Quilt Trail. Points of Interest & Landmarks • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Stone County Museum. History Museums.
- Brickshy’s Backstreet Theater.
What is in Mountain Home?
The top attractions to visit in Mountain Home are:
- Donald W. Reynolds Library.
- Rapp’s Barren Brewing Company.
- David’s Trail.
- Raimondo Winery.
- Cooper Park.
What is the crime rate in Mountain Home Arkansas?
The Mountain Home AR crime rate for 2018 was 178.64 per 100,000 population, a 11.77% decline from 2017. The Mountain Home AR crime rate for 2017 was 202.48 per 100,000 population, a 11.02% decline from 2016. The Mountain Home AR crime rate for 2016 was 227.55 per 100,000 population, a 7.21% decline from 2015.
Does it snow in Mountain Home Arkansas?
Mountain Home, Arkansas gets 45 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Mountain Home averages 9 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
How safe is Mountain Home AR?
With a crime rate of 41 per one thousand residents, Mountain Home has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities.
Does Mountain Home Arkansas get tornadoes?
Mountain Home, Arkansas, is located in Baxter County, and has a total estimated population of 12,530 people. The city has experienced 92 tornadoes since 1950. Mountain Home is at high risk for tornado activity, with an average of 2 tornadoes per year, typically resulting in no fatalities.
Is Mountain Home Arkansas a good place to retire?
Mountain Home has been nationally recognized as one of the best retirement communities in the nation. Rand McNally rated Mountain Home as one of the best places to retire. AARP’s Sun Belt Retirement ranked the area as one of the top places to retire in the United States.
What is close to Mountain View Arkansas?
List of Cities near Mountain View in Arkansas, United States of America
|Major Cities Close to Mountain View|
|Memphis||201.8 km / 125.4 miles|
|Oklahoma City||485.4 km / 301.6 miles|
|Wichita||508 km / 315.7 miles|
|Garland||529.4 km / 329 miles|
Is Mountain View Arkansas a dry county?
It should be noted that Mountain View, Arkansas is within a ” dry ” county, meaning alcohol sales are not permitted.
What mountains are in Mountain View Arkansas?
County Seat. Situated in the Ozark Mountains of north-central Arkansas, Mountain View is an isolated community that has long been known for its preservation of traditional folk music and culture.
Is Mountain Home Arkansas Open?
Arkansas State University- Mountain Home is a public, open -access, two-year campus of Arkansas State University located on a campus on the west side of the city. The campus became part of the ASU system in 1995. The campus architecture is styled after the University of Virginia.
How far is Mountain Home Arkansas from Branson Missouri?
The total driving distance from Mountain Home, AR to Branson, MO is 82 miles or 132 kilometers.
How do you get to Mountain View Arkansas?
Take I-40 W until exit 125, when you hit US 65 North. After about 40 miles, veer right onto AR -9. Follow AR -9 for 35 miles, until you hit Mountain View.