- 1 How do I pick the right mountain bike?
- 2 How much does a decent mountain bike cost?
- 3 How do I know what size mountain bike to get?
- 4 What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
- 5 Should I get a 27.5 or 29 mountain bike?
- 6 What is a decent mountain bike brand?
- 7 What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
- 8 Is full-suspension mountain bike worth it?
- 9 What size mountain bike should I get if I’m 5 10?
- 10 Is 26-inch bike good for what height?
- 11 What size mountain bike if you are 5 9?
- 12 Should my first mountain bike be a hardtail?
- 13 Do you need an expensive mountain bike?
- 14 How do I buy my first bike?
How do I pick the right mountain bike?
8 TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR FIRST MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Get the right size.
- Choose a wheel size.
- Choose hardtail or full-suss.
- Don’t obsess about weight.
- Beware the flashy trinkets.
- Choose suspension quality, not quantity.
- Look for futureproof design.
- Keep some budget back.
How much does a decent mountain bike cost?
High-quality, intro-level bikes start around $2,000 to $2,500, depending on what features you want, and prices climb dramatically from there. You can get a good bike for less than that (see our tips below), but you’ll need to spend money on pedals, riding shoes, helmet, and a pump, at the very least.
How do I know what size mountain bike to get?
#1 – Mountain Bike Size Chart
- 4’11” – 5’3″ = 13 – 15 inches.
- 5’3″ – 5’7″ = 15 – 17 inches.
- 5’7″ – 5’11” = 17 – 19 inches.
- 6’0″ – 6’2″ = 19 – 21 inches.
- 6’2″ – 6’4″ = 21 – 23 inches.
- 6’4″ and taller = 23+ inches.
What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
4 Best Beginner Mountain Bikes for recreational riders
- Co-op Cycles DRT 1.2 $949.
- Trek Marlin 4 $500.
- Tommaso Gran Sasso $875.
- Giant ATX $480.
Should I get a 27.5 or 29 mountain bike?
27.5 ”: Faster acceleration is often cited as one of the biggest benefits of a 27.5 ” wheel when compared to a 29 ” wheel. However, once the larger wheels reach top speed, they’re actually more efficient for longer rides than smaller wheels because they require less effort to keep their momentum going.
What is a decent mountain bike brand?
They eventually reversed course and saved face, but it was a good lesson that the biking community cares and public relations matter.
- Trek Bikes.
- Santa Cruz.
- Giant Bicycles.
- Yeti Cycles.
- Pivot Cycles.
- Ibis Cycles.
- Evil Bike Co.
What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
10 Affordable Mountain Bikes Priced Under $1000 That Are Worth a Look
|Vitus Nucleus 27||$970||27.5/29|
Is full-suspension mountain bike worth it?
You want a more comfortable ride: A full – suspension mountain bike will soak up most of the jarring bumps that would otherwise be sent to your body (and in some cases, buck you off your bike ). This can help reduce fatigue, which in turn can allow you to ride faster, for longer, with greater comfort.
What size mountain bike should I get if I’m 5 10?
Mountain Bike Size Chart
|Rider Height (in)||Rider Height (cm)||Frame Size (cm)|
|5 ‘ 7″ – 5 ‘ 10 “||169cm – 178cm||43cm – 47cm|
|5 ‘ 11″ – 6’ 1″||179cm – 185cm||48cm – 52cm|
|6′ 2″ – 6′ 4″||186cm – 193cm||53cm – 57cm|
|6′ 4″ +||194cm +||58cm +|
Is 26-inch bike good for what height?
There are bikes with 26 – inch wheels, which are suitable for heights between 5’0″ and 5’5″.
What size mountain bike if you are 5 9?
Mountain bike size chart
|Feet / Inches||Centimeters||Inches|
|5`1″-5`5″||158-168 cm||15” / 16″|
|5`5″-5`9″||168-178 cm||16” / 17″|
|5`9″-6`0″||178-185 cm||17″ / 18″|
Should my first mountain bike be a hardtail?
Most people start with a hardtail. They’re cheaper and can handle pretty much all terrain you’re going to be on for the first year, unless you live near Moab or in the Rockies. Because they don’t absorb as much shock, you’re forced to learn to pick good lines (that’s your path through the rocks and roots on a trail).
Do you need an expensive mountain bike?
Expensive mountain bikes are worth it if you plan on riding mountain bike trails and often. And if you plan on riding often, you will be better off buying an expensive mountain bike. The cheap mountain bikes do not last long, especially if you take them on mountain bike trails.
How do I buy my first bike?
From frame size to extra features, here’s how to find your perfect ride.
- Choose the right bike type based on your needs.
- Calculate how much you want to spend.
- Make sure your bicycle fits you.
- Know Your Gears, Suspension, and Brake Type.
- Adjust the fit and go for a test ride.