- 1 How far is Hunter Mountain from New York City?
- 2 What city is Hunter Mountain located in?
- 3 What towns are near Hunter Mountain NY?
- 4 How do you get to Hunter Mountain from NYC?
- 5 Which is better Hunter or Windham?
- 6 Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
- 7 How much is a lift ticket at Hunter Mountain?
- 8 Is Hunter in the Catskills?
- 9 Did Vail buy Hunter Mountain?
- 10 What is the best town in the Catskills?
- 11 Is Catskill nice?
- 12 What towns are in the Catskill Mountains?
- 13 Does Hunter Mountain have night skiing?
- 14 How do you get to Hunter Mountain from Manhattan?
- 15 What time do the lifts open at Hunter Mountain?
How far is Hunter Mountain from New York City?
The distance between New York and Hunter Mountain is 101 miles. The road distance is 128.1 miles. How long does it take to get from New York to Hunter Mountain? It takes approximately 2h 26m to drive 128.1 miles from New York to Hunter Mountain.
What city is Hunter Mountain located in?
Hunter Mountain is a ski resort located in Greene County, New York about three hours northwest of New York City in the town of Hunter, New York. It features a 1,600-foot (488 m) vertical drop.
What towns are near Hunter Mountain NY?
Hunter Mountain is in the towns of Hunter and Lexington, just south of the village of Hunter, in Greene County, New York, United States. At approximately 4,040 feet (1,231 m) in elevation, it is the highest peak in the county and the second-highest peak in the Catskill Mountains.
How do you get to Hunter Mountain from NYC?
The simplest way to get to Hunter Mountain is to catch a NY Trailways bus from New York City, with tickets costing around $36. The company offers two different departures per day, and the trip takes about 3.5 hours.
Which is better Hunter or Windham?
Windham has always been a more sedate and polished experience than Hunter, attracting more affluent skiers and snowboarders. Windham has the same 1,600-foot vertical drop (and nearly 100 percent snowmaking coverage) as Hunter but not as much terrain variety or challenge.
Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
– Hunter offers better facility for beginners. It has a pretty large separate section of the mountain for beginners. It does not have magic carpet like Windham but it offers 3 chairlifts. As a beginner, it felt great to able to use the chairlift instead of magic carpet.
How much is a lift ticket at Hunter Mountain?
|Youth (7-17)||Adult (18-64)|
Is Hunter in the Catskills?
Hunter Mountain is considered a four-season destination in the Great Northern Catskills of Greene County, offering challenging terrain and trails for all skill levels. Renowned as the “snowmaking capital of the world,” Hunter boasts snowmaking on 100% of the mountain’s 240 skiable acres.
Did Vail buy Hunter Mountain?
Rockies to Catskills, Vail ski corp is buying Hunter Mountain.
What is the best town in the Catskills?
Catskills Small Towns
- Windham. Our first Catskills small town is Windham.
- Catskill. Along the banks of the Hudson River, Catskill is a Greene County town steeped in history.
- New Paltz.
Is Catskill nice?
Catskill is a nice area with many friendly people. There is a lot of outdoor activities to do such as hike, canoe and kayak. Unfortunately, there aren’t many tourist attractions that draw people to the area.
What towns are in the Catskill Mountains?
|Counties||Delaware, Greene, Schoharie, Sullivan and Ulster|
|Rivers||Esopus Creek, Neversink River, Rondout Creek and Schoharie Creek|
|Communities||Ellenville, Fleischmanns, Hunter, Liberty, Margaretville, Hancock, New York, Palenville, Phoenicia, Shandaken, Shokan, Tannersville, Wawarsing, Windham and Woodstock|
Does Hunter Mountain have night skiing?
There is no night skiing at Hunter Mountain, but nearby Windham offers lights on certain terrain until 9 p.m. on weekends and holiday periods.
How do you get to Hunter Mountain from Manhattan?
The best way to get from Manhattan to Hunter without a car is to bus which takes 1h 50m and costs $70. How long does it take to get from Manhattan to Hunter? The bus from Broadway/73rd to Hunter Mountain takes 1h 50m including transfers and departs three times a week.
What time do the lifts open at Hunter Mountain?
The lifts are open from 8:30 AM to 4 PM on weekends.