- 1 What town is Cannon Mountain?
- 2 How far is Cannon Mountain from Lincoln NH?
- 3 How do I get to the Cannon Mountain?
- 4 Is Cannon Mountain good for beginners?
- 5 Why is Cannon Mountain called Cannon?
- 6 Who runs Cannon Mountain?
- 7 Does Cannon Mountain have a gondola?
- 8 Does Cannon Mountain have night skiing?
- 9 Can you snowboard at Cannon Mountain?
- 10 How long does it take to hike Mt cannon?
- 11 Can you hike up Cannon Mountain?
- 12 Is Cannon Mountain hard to ski?
- 13 What is Cannon Mountain known for?
- 14 Is Cannon Mountain steep?
What town is Cannon Mountain?
Cannon has the highest ski area summit in NH at 4080′ and features diverse terrain across two mountains including the popular Tuckerbrook Family Area for beginners and families.
How far is Cannon Mountain from Lincoln NH?
10 miles from Cannon in the heart of Lincoln.
How do I get to the Cannon Mountain?
- It’s easy to get to Cannon – access directly from I-93!
- Take I-93 north, or south, depending on your starting point.
- Exit 34B – Cannon Mountain Tramway (advanced skiers/snowboarders), Tramway Gift Shop, New England Ski Museum.
- Exit 34C – Main Base Area – Access to all terrain.
- DRIVE TIMES:
Is Cannon Mountain good for beginners?
Whilst it has a great reputation for its expert terrain, Cannon also has a first rate beginners ‘ area as well as a variety of gentle slopes to suit the whole family on the Tuckerbrook family area.
Why is Cannon Mountain called Cannon?
In 1972 Cannon Mountain, named after a rock formation on the southeast side of the mountain that looks like a cannon, became the official name. Cannon Mountain was the site of the first passenger aerial tramway in North America. The original tramway was built in 1938 and was in service until 1980 when it was replaced.
Who runs Cannon Mountain?
Cannon has the most vertical of any ski area in New Hampshire, 2,330 feet (710 m), and is the seventh largest in New England. US Olympic skier Bode Miller grew up skiing at Cannon.
|Cannon Mountain Ski Area|
|Coordinates||44°09′28″N 71°41′56″WCoordinates: 44°09′28″N 71°41′56″W|
|Vertical||2330 ft (710 m) Cannon /Mittersill|
Does Cannon Mountain have a gondola?
An 80-passenger cable car brings visitors to the 4,080-foot summit of Cannon Mountain in under ten minutes.
Does Cannon Mountain have night skiing?
Cannon Mountain is a 4,100 foot (1250 m) peak within Franconia Notch State Park and has the most vertical of any ski area in New Hampshire. Enjoy great views of New Hampshire and even views into Vermont! Saturday nights Huckerbrook Mini-Park is open under the lights.
Can you snowboard at Cannon Mountain?
POLICIES: Uphill Traffic / Skinning Policy: Uphill traffic/skinning is for skiers & snowboarders only and is restricted to a certain route with daily lift ticket or season pass. Access to trails before or after posted lift hours is prohibited.
How long does it take to hike Mt cannon?
Lots of hikers do this trail, so it’s not a bad one to do alone if you are worried you might need help. Took about 2.5 hours including stops.
Can you hike up Cannon Mountain?
Please Note: Hiking is NOT PERMITTED on Cannon Mountain ski trails in summer or winter.
Is Cannon Mountain hard to ski?
When it is getting snow, this mountain is as good as anywhere in New England. This statistic isn’t easily quantified, but it would easy to argue that Cannon is the most consistently steep ski resort in New England. This brutally cold and cloudy mountain has a reputation for being icy and generally unpleasant.
What is Cannon Mountain known for?
Cannon Mountain (formerly Profile Mountain ) is a 4,080-foot (1,240 m) peak in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It is known for both its technical rock and ice climbing on its cliff face and skiing at Cannon Mountain Ski Area.
Is Cannon Mountain steep?
It’s steep and challenging, they might guess—a true skier’s mountain. And it is. But what they’d realize after exploring Cannon is that it’s an every-kind-of-skier’s mountain.