- 1 What can we do at Stone Mountain Park?
- 2 Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
- 3 What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
- 4 How much does it cost to get into Stone Mountain?
- 5 What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
- 6 Can you get in the water at Stone Mountain?
- 7 Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
- 8 What is Stone Mountain famous for?
- 9 Is Stone Mountain Safe?
- 10 What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
- 11 What is close to Stone Mountain?
- 12 How close is Stone Mountain to Atlanta?
- 13 Has anyone died at Stone Mountain?
- 14 Are there alligators in Stone Mountain Lake?
- 15 How much is the Skyride at Stone Mountain?
What can we do at Stone Mountain Park?
With 3,200 acres of natural beauty just outside Atlanta, the Park offers numerous outdoor adventures for all ages. Hike 15 miles of nature trails including a 1-mile trail to the summit of Stone Mountain, enjoy a family picnic, or explore our 363-acre lake. Tee off on one of two beautiful golf courses and so much more!
Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
It’s a great hike. Stone Mountain, or “Atlanta’s Backyard,” offers 15 miles of scenic hiking and walking trails, ranging from easy to moderate. Take it slow and stop to admire the flora and fauna, or let the fresh mountain air invigorate you on a more challenging hike.
What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
- Stone Mountain Park. 5,032.
- Stone Mountain Carving. 1,083.
- Summit Skyride. 354.
- Stone Mountain Covered Bridge. Bridges.
- Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Park. 236.
- Yellow River Park. Equestrian Trails • Hiking Trails.
- NCG Cinema. Theaters.
- Confederate Hall Historical & Environmental Education Center. Science Museums • History Museums.
How much does it cost to get into Stone Mountain?
It cost $15 per car to get in the gate, regardless of how many are in the car. Once you get in there is no charge for parking in the parking lots. over a year ago. Dear Traveler, there is a $15 admission/parking fee.
What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
Limit search to Stone Mountain.
- Metro Cafe Diner. 561 reviewsOpen Now. American, Diner$$ – $$$ “
- Stone Mountain Pizza Cafe. 257 reviewsOpen Now. Italian, Pizza$$ – $$$ Menu.
- Sweet Potato Cafe. 270 reviewsClosed today. American, Cafe$$ – $$$ Menu.
- Taqueria Los Hermanos. 216 reviewsOpen Now. Mexican, Southwestern$$ – $$$ Menu.
Can you get in the water at Stone Mountain?
Private boats are allowed on the lake during daylight hours. Boats must be launched from the Public Boat Ramp located near the Evergreen Pavilion.
Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
Not to worry. Some of the most impressive attractions Stone Mountain Park has to offer are completely free (well, free after you ‘ve bought the parking pass – $15 per day or $40 per year – to get your car or truck into the park. Bicyclists and pedestrians pay nothing.)
What is Stone Mountain famous for?
Stone Mountain is well known for not only its geology, but also the enormous rock relief on its north face, the largest bas-relief artwork in the world. The carving depicts three Confederate leaders, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.
Is Stone Mountain Safe?
Stone Mountain also has a very low crime rate so you should be very safe here. It’s also a perfect area to raise a family because of the education and job opportunities. Stone Mountain predominately has an African-American race so it’s not very diverse but it is still great. it’s a nice and quiet neighborhood.
What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
Lasershow Spectacular Dates & Times: Nightly May 28 – August 1 at 9:30pm.
What is close to Stone Mountain?
- Stone Mountain Park.
- Stone Mountain Carving.
- Summit Skyride.
- Stone Mountain Covered Bridge.
- Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Park.
- Yellow River Park.
- NCG Cinema.
- Confederate Hall Historical & Environmental Education Center.
How close is Stone Mountain to Atlanta?
Located just outside of the West Gate of Stone Mountain Park, 15 miles east of Atlanta, Stone Mountain Village features more than 50 specialty shops and restaurants fit for a small town and is also home to three charming B&Bs.
Has anyone died at Stone Mountain?
Anita Redmon’s murder remains the only unsolved murder in the park’s history. STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga.
Are there alligators in Stone Mountain Lake?
Range and Habitat The northern range is limited by low winter temperatures. Alligators are rarely found south of the Rio Grande drainage.
How much is the Skyride at Stone Mountain?
Individual tickets are $10 per person, round-trip, and $6 per person, one-way. Admission is included with the Adventure Pass.