- 1 How do you get from Boston to Loon Mountain?
- 2 What town is Loon Mountain in?
- 3 What is there to do in Loon Mountain in the summer?
- 4 How many trails are open at Loon Mountain?
- 5 What is the closest airport to Lincoln New Hampshire?
- 6 What exit is Loon Mountain?
- 7 Is Loon Mountain good for beginners?
- 8 Are loons aggressive?
- 9 Who owns Loon Mountain?
- 10 Can you hike up Loon Mountain?
- 11 What is there to do in Loon Mountain in the winter?
- 12 What is there to do in Lincoln NH at night?
- 13 Is Loon Mountain Hard?
- 14 Does Loon Mountain have a gondola?
- 15 Does Loon Mountain have snow?
How do you get from Boston to Loon Mountain?
The best way to get from Boston to Loon Mountain without a car is to bus which takes 3h 40m and costs $80 – $110.
What town is Loon Mountain in?
The Village of Loon Mountain is nestled in the White Mountains right off of I-93 in Lincoln, NH. To reach our resort, it is best to plug our address – 72 Loon Village Rd., Lincoln, NH 03251 into your GPS device or Google Maps.
What is there to do in Loon Mountain in the summer?
Summer & Fall Activities
- Explore Loon Peak. Soar to the summit.
- Downhill Mountain Biking. Ride purpose-built downhill mountain biking trails in the beautiful White Mountain National Forest.
- Bike Rentals & Rides.
- Mountaintop Yoga.
- Loon Peak Disc Golf.
How many trails are open at Loon Mountain?
South Peak – Opened in 2007, and currently boasts seven trails, two lifts, and nearly 70 acres of skiing and riding. Accolades – Loon grabbed a coveted Top 10 spot in the 2012 SKI Magazine reader poll, and the resort was also voted the most accessible the East.
What is the closest airport to Lincoln New Hampshire?
Domestic airports near Lincoln, NH
- 65 miles to Lebanon Municipal Airport.
- 88 miles to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
- 92 miles to Portland International Jetport.
- 99 miles to Burlington International Airport.
- 118 miles to Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport.
- 119 miles to Portsmouth International Airport at Pease.
What exit is Loon Mountain?
Loon is located just 3 miles from Interstate 93 at Exit 32 at the western end of the Kancamagus Highway, a National Scenic Byway.
Is Loon Mountain good for beginners?
Beginner: The majority of the green circle trails are on the bottom half of North Peak / Loon Peak. The easiest trails include freestyle-terrain Little Sister and gently-sloped Sarsaparilla. Move on to Snubber for a little pitch and a few turns and the wide-open Lower Bear Claw.
Are loons aggressive?
Though common loons may look harmless, the territorial birds will fiercely attack any interlopers to their freshwater habitat.
Who owns Loon Mountain?
Loon Mountain purchased by Michigan-based Boyne in six ski resort deal. Michigan-based Boyne Resorts has completed its purchase of six ski resorts it was operating under long-term lease agreements, including Loon Mountain.
Can you hike up Loon Mountain?
Hiking Trails Once at Camp III you can hike a short loop on Brookway Extension or continue up to the summit of Loon Peak via the Bear Claw trail. This trail ascends/descends 500 vertical feet over.8 miles.
What is there to do in Loon Mountain in the winter?
10 Winter Family Activities to Do in The White Mountains
- Snowshoe in the White Mountain National Forest.
- Downhill Ski and Snowboard at Loon and Cannon.
- Test Your Speed at Loon on Your Snow Tube.
- Get a Birdseye View with Loon’s Gondola or Cannon’s Aerial Tram.
- Soar Above the Trees on A Winter Zipline.
- Run with the Dogs.
- Lace Up Your Skates and Twirl on Our Ice Skating Rink.
What is there to do in Lincoln NH at night?
- River Walk Resort at Loon Mountain.
- The Mountain Club on Loon Resort & Spa.
- Loon Mountain Resort.
- White Mountain National Forest.
- Kancamagus Highway.
- Ice Castles.
- The Woodstock Inn, Station and Brewery.
- La Vista.
Is Loon Mountain Hard?
The most difficult terrain is on the North Peak. Take one of the lifts from the Octagon Lodge and ski over to Camp III Lodge and take the North Peak Express. Both the Upper Walking Boss, Upper and Lower Flume are nice and steep (although groomed). Another nice and steep run is the Ripsaw on the South Peak.
Does Loon Mountain have a gondola?
Enjoy a scenic ride to the summit of Loon Peak in our four-person Gondola Skyride. At the end of the 1.3-mile ascent, you’ll enter a high alpine world of refreshing breezes and stunning mountain views.
Does Loon Mountain have snow?
There is no snow currently in the forecast for Loon Mountain.