- 1 What city is Hunter Mountain located in?
- 2 How far is Hunter Mountain from New York City?
- 3 What towns are near Hunter Mountain NY?
- 4 How do you get to Hunter Mountain from NYC?
- 5 Which is better Hunter Mountain or Windham?
- 6 How much is a lift ticket at Hunter Mountain?
- 7 Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
- 8 Do you have to buy a lift ticket for bunny slope?
- 9 Did Vail buy Hunter Mountain?
- 10 What is the best town in the Catskills?
- 11 Is Hunter in the Catskills?
- 12 Is Catskill nice?
- 13 How do you get to Hunter Mountain from Manhattan?
- 14 How do you get to Mountain Creek from NYC?
- 15 Does Hunter Mountain have night skiing?
What city is Hunter Mountain located in?
Hunter Mountain is a ski resort located in Greene County, New York about three hours northwest of New York City in the town of Hunter, New York. It features a 1,600-foot (488 m) vertical drop.
How far is Hunter Mountain from New York City?
The distance between New York and Hunter Mountain is 101 miles. The road distance is 128.1 miles. How long does it take to get from New York to Hunter Mountain? It takes approximately 2h 26m to drive 128.1 miles from New York to Hunter Mountain.
What towns are near Hunter Mountain NY?
Hunter Mountain is in the towns of Hunter and Lexington, just south of the village of Hunter, in Greene County, New York, United States. At approximately 4,040 feet (1,231 m) in elevation, it is the highest peak in the county and the second-highest peak in the Catskill Mountains.
How do you get to Hunter Mountain from NYC?
The simplest way to get to Hunter Mountain is to catch a NY Trailways bus from New York City, with tickets costing around $36. The company offers two different departures per day, and the trip takes about 3.5 hours.
Which is better Hunter Mountain or Windham?
Hunter has more snow making than Windham and usually has more trails open. Neither is a very challenging mountain, but both will have plenty of cruisers open I’m sure. In terms of terrain, I’d say I prefer Hunter.
How much is a lift ticket at Hunter Mountain?
|Youth (7-17)||Adult (18-64)|
Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
– Hunter offers better facility for beginners. It has a pretty large separate section of the mountain for beginners. It does not have magic carpet like Windham but it offers 3 chairlifts. As a beginner, it felt great to able to use the chairlift instead of magic carpet.
Do you have to buy a lift ticket for bunny slope?
Yes, all lessons require a lift ticket, even if you are a beginner. You can purchase a ticket at the same time that you book your lesson. For Mini Cub, Little Cub & Big Cub lessons if you pre-purchased a ticket it will be available at drop-off.
Did Vail buy Hunter Mountain?
Rockies to Catskills, Vail ski corp is buying Hunter Mountain.
What is the best town in the Catskills?
Catskills Small Towns
- Windham. Our first Catskills small town is Windham.
- Catskill. Along the banks of the Hudson River, Catskill is a Greene County town steeped in history.
- New Paltz.
Is Hunter in the Catskills?
Hunter Mountain is considered a four-season destination in the Great Northern Catskills of Greene County, offering challenging terrain and trails for all skill levels. Renowned as the “snowmaking capital of the world,” Hunter boasts snowmaking on 100% of the mountain’s 240 skiable acres.
Is Catskill nice?
Catskill is a nice area with many friendly people. There is a lot of outdoor activities to do such as hike, canoe and kayak. Unfortunately, there aren’t many tourist attractions that draw people to the area.
How do you get to Hunter Mountain from Manhattan?
The best way to get from Manhattan to Hunter without a car is to bus which takes 1h 50m and costs $70. How long does it take to get from Manhattan to Hunter? The bus from Broadway/73rd to Hunter Mountain takes 1h 50m including transfers and departs three times a week.
How do you get to Mountain Creek from NYC?
Mountain Creek is located just 47 miles from Manhattan and is convenient to the entire tri-state area. From NYC:
- Take the Lincoln Tunnel to Rt. 3 West to Rt. 46 West.
- Take Rt. 23 North from Rt. 46 West.
- Exit on the right on Rt. 515 North to Rt. 94 South to Mountain Creek Waterpark.
Does Hunter Mountain have night skiing?
There is no night skiing at Hunter Mountain, but nearby Windham offers lights on certain terrain until 9 p.m. on weekends and holiday periods.