- 1 How do I choose the right mountain bike?
- 2 What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
- 3 How much does a decent mountain bike cost?
- 4 What is the best brand of mountain bike?
- 5 What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
- 6 Can you ride a mountain bike on the road?
- 7 Is 26 inch bike good for what height?
- 8 Should I get a medium or large mountain bike?
- 9 Should your feet touch the ground on a mountain bike?
- 10 What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
- 11 Is an expensive mountain bike worth it?
- 12 What is the best affordable mountain bike?
- 13 What is the best mountain bike 2020?
- 14 What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
- 15 Is a 27.5 or 29er better?
How do I choose the right mountain bike?
8 TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR FIRST MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Get the right size.
- Choose a wheel size.
- Choose hardtail or full-suss.
- Don’t obsess about weight.
- Beware the flashy trinkets.
- Choose suspension quality, not quantity.
- Look for futureproof design.
- Keep some budget back.
What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
Mountain Bike Size Chart
|Rider Height (in)||Rider Height (cm)||Frame Size (in)|
|4′ 10″ – 5′ 2″||148cm – 158cm||13″ – 14″|
|5′ 3″ – 5′ 6″||159cm – 168cm||15″ – 16″|
|5′ 7″ – 5′ 10″||169cm – 178cm||17″ – 18″|
|5′ 11″ – 6′ 1″||179cm – 185cm||19″ – 20″|
How much does a decent mountain bike cost?
High-quality, intro-level bikes start around $2,000 to $2,500, depending on what features you want, and prices climb dramatically from there. You can get a good bike for less than that (see our tips below), but you’ll need to spend money on pedals, riding shoes, helmet, and a pump, at the very least.
What is the best brand of mountain bike?
Here are seven of the best mountain bike brands.
- Yeti. The first mountain bike brand on the list is Yeti Cycles, founded in 1985 and currently located in Colorado.
- Kona. Founded in 1988, Kona Bicycle Company is one of the best mountain bike brands in the world.
- Santa Cruz.
What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
4 Best Beginner Mountain Bikes for recreational riders
- Co-op Cycles DRT 1.2 $949.
- Trek Marlin 4 $500.
- Tommaso Gran Sasso $875.
- Giant ATX $480.
Can you ride a mountain bike on the road?
The quick and simple answer is: Yes, you can ride your mountain bike on the street. Mountain bikes are primarily designed for bike trails, and won’t perform nearly as well when ridden on the road, but you can definitely do it.
Is 26 inch bike good for what height?
There are bikes with 26 – inch wheels, which are suitable for heights between 5’0″ and 5’5″.
Should I get a medium or large mountain bike?
What size mountain bike do I need?
| Bike size||Frame size||Rider height|
|Extra-small||13 – 14in||152cm – 162cm (5ft – 5ft 4in)|
|Small||14 – 16in||162cm – 170cm (5ft 4in – 5ft 7in)|
|Medium||16 – 18in||170cm – 178cm (5ft 7in – 5ft 10in)|
|Large||18 – 20in||178cm – 185cm (5ft 10in – 6ft 1in)|
Should your feet touch the ground on a mountain bike?
The height of your saddle is important for the most comfortable position and safe riding style. When you sit on the saddle, both feet should reach the floor and the balls of your feet should be touching the ground.
What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
10 Affordable Mountain Bikes Priced Under $1000 That Are Worth a Look
|Vitus Nucleus 27||$970||27.5/29|
Is an expensive mountain bike worth it?
After reviewing all of the component-related upgrades that go into an expensive mountain bike it’s clear that they offer superior performance. For rider’s that demand the absolute best performance out of their bike’s then it’s a pretty straightforward answer to say that yes, these bikes are worth it for them.
What is the best affordable mountain bike?
The 14 Best Cheap Mountain Bikes
- Best Women’s Trail Bike. Roscoe 7. Trek trekbikes.com. $1,349.99.
- Great Value and Performance. Growler. Rocky Mountain bikes.com.
- Great First Race Bike. Marlin 7. Trek trekbikes.com.
- Best Combo of Grip and Speed. Stance 29 2. Giant giant-bicycles.com.
- Great First Trail Bike. Mahuna. kona konaworld.com.
What is the best mountain bike 2020?
- Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 27.5. $4,520.
- Kona Lava Dome Mountain Bike. $749.
- Yeti Cycles SB130 Carbon LR C1 GX Eagle AXS Mountain Bike. $6,299.
- Yeti Cycles SB130 Turq T1 XT Mountain Bike. $6,799.
- Specialized S-Works Epic EVO Mountain Bike. $9,920.
- Specialized Turbo Levo E-bike. $4,975.
- Kona Honzo Mountain Bike. $1,499.
What are the top 5 mountain bike brands?
The top 5 mountain bike brands that I recommend are: Giant Bicycles, Trek, Specialized Bicycle Components Inc., Santa Cruz Bicycles, and Cannondale. These brands of bikes are ones that have been around a long time, have great reviews on the trails, and are even part of the history of mountain biking itself.
Is a 27.5 or 29er better?
Because of the larger diameter of the wheel, the 29er creates a larger contact patch with the ground and also rolls quite faster when up to speed. Even though it accelerates slower than a 27.5 wheel, 29ers can maintain their speed because of their advanced rollover capabilities compared to a smaller wheel size.