- 1 How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC?
- 2 How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC without a car?
- 3 How far is Bear Mountain from New York City?
- 4 How do you get to Bear Mountain Park?
- 5 How do you get to the top of Bear Mountain?
- 6 Is Bear Mountain State Park open?
- 7 Where to hike if you live in NYC?
- 8 Is there anywhere to hike in NYC?
- 9 How do I get to Anthony’s Nose?
- 10 Can you see NYC from Bear Mountain?
- 11 Can you drive to the top of Bear Mountain?
- 12 Are there bears in Bear Mountain New York?
- 13 How long does it take to go up Bear Mountain?
- 14 How long does it take to drive to Bear Mountain?
- 15 Where can you swim in Bear Mountain?
How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC?
- Peekskill: Via Metro-North, take the Hudson Line from Grand Central Terminal to the Peekskill station. A ten-minute taxi ride up to Bear Mountain will cost your group about $25 one-way.
- Base of Bear Mountain: Via Port Authority Bus Terminal, take the bus.
How do you get to Bear Mountain from NYC without a car?
The distance between New York and Bear Mountain State Park is 39 miles. The road distance is 48.7 miles. How do I travel from New York to Bear Mountain State Park without a car? The best way to get from New York to Bear Mountain State Park without a car is to train which takes 1h 20m and costs $45 – $75.
How far is Bear Mountain from New York City?
Highlights: Spend a beautiful day taking a self-guided tour Bear Mountain State Park, just one hour from New York City.
How do you get to Bear Mountain Park?
Take I-95 west across the Upper Level of the George Washington Bridge. Take the Palisades Interstate Parkway north (first exit after the GW Bridge). Stay on the Palisades Interstate Parkway 42 miles to Route 9W. Ignore Exit 19, Bear Mountain Pk, but proceed to end of the Parkway to the Bear Mountain Bridge circle.
How do you get to the top of Bear Mountain?
To Drive to the Top of Bear Mountain: Or, from Bear Mountain Inn, go south on Seven Lakes Drive for nearly two miles, and then take a slight right onto Perkins Memorial Drive and head uphill for two miles, to the top.
Is Bear Mountain State Park open?
Open year round. Open daily 10:30 am to 4 pm. Last entrance 3:30 pm.
Where to hike if you live in NYC?
And for those who want to keep things closer to home, we included one fantastic NYC option that feels like it’s a world away from Manhattan.
- Breakneck Ridge. breakneckridge.
- Old Croton Aqueduct Trail.
- Anthony’s Nose.
- Mount Beacon Park.
- Harriman State Park.
- Arden Point and Glenclyffe.
- Van Cortlandt Park.
Is there anywhere to hike in NYC?
2. Malouf’s Mountain Sunset Camp. Just an 80-minute train ride on Metro North from Grand Central to Beacon, and you’ll be in one of the most unique hiking destinations near the city. After hopping off the train, you can head into the forest, where a campground awaits you.
How do I get to Anthony’s Nose?
The trailhead is on the Westchester side of the Bear Mountain Bridge and there is only roadside parking. You will begin on the Appalachian Trail and bear right at the trail intersection. After about a mile you will reach Anthony’s Nose.
Can you see NYC from Bear Mountain?
From Bear Mountain, the park high point, you can see the New York skyline 35 miles to the south on a clear day. But you ‘ll be seeing plenty of those concrete canyons come Monday morning. DRIVE TIME: The park is about 35 miles (1 hour) north of New York City. The Appalachian Trail traverses the park for 20 miles.
Can you drive to the top of Bear Mountain?
If you are visiting the Bear Mountain area in the Hudson Highlands of New York, you should take an hour or two to drive up Bear Mountain via Perkins Memorial Drive and take in the view from the tower on top of the mountain.
Are there bears in Bear Mountain New York?
Typically areas that are more north of the city, and therefore more rural, have more bear sightings per year. Ed McGowan, the director of Trailside Museum and Zoo at Bear Mountain State Park, said that in the 15 years he has worked at Bear Mountain, there has been a definite increase in bears roaming the area.
How long does it take to go up Bear Mountain?
Length: 3.9 miles round-trip; takes about two hours. It is a loop, though we opted to go down the same way. Rating: Perfect for the newcomer or someone wanting to get back into shape.
How long does it take to drive to Bear Mountain?
It is about 93 miles northeast of Los Angeles, an approximate 2 hour, and 10 minute drive depending on traffic and road conditions. From Beverly Hills it is approximately a 2 hour, 20 minute drive and from the City of San Bernardino (29 miles) – depending on traffic it is a 40 to 45 minute drive up the mountain.
Where can you swim in Bear Mountain?
Find places to swim in and around your city.
- Bear Mountain State Park.
- Lake Welch Beach – Harriman State Park.
- Lake Sebago Beach-Harriman State Park.
- Lake Tiorati Beach-Harriman State Park.
- Lake Tiorati Beach – Harriman State Park.
- Veterans Memorial Pool.
- Premier Athletic Club.
- Lake Welch Beach-Harriman State Park.