- 1 What time does the laser show start at Stone Mountain?
- 2 Can I see Stone Mountain without paying?
- 3 Do you have to wear a mask at Stone Mountain?
- 4 How long does Stone Mountain take?
- 5 How much does it cost to go to Stone Mountain?
- 6 What is free at Stone Mountain?
- 7 Has anyone died at Stone Mountain?
- 8 Are there alligators in Stone Mountain Lake?
- 9 How much is the Skyride at Stone Mountain?
- 10 Can you carry a gun at Stone Mountain?
- 11 Can you go to Stone Mountain at night?
- 12 Is Stone Mountain on private property?
- 13 How long is the walk around Stone Mountain?
- 14 What should I wear to Stone Mountain?
- 15 How many miles is it to walk up Stone Mountain?
What time does the laser show start at Stone Mountain?
The Stone Mountain Laser Show starts at 9:30 pm and runs May – October.
Can I see Stone Mountain without paying?
You can pay only the parking, go in and explore, climb the mountain and look around the park. Yo are not obligated to pay for the attractions, and there is no extra fee to go in the little town.
Do you have to wear a mask at Stone Mountain?
Stone Mountain Park Campground Guests are required to wear a mask when checking in, in the general store and in public areas. While visiting the General Store, we ask you to please practice social distancing, keeping your family 6 feet from others around you.
How long does Stone Mountain take?
Depending on your fitness level, we usually advise our guests to plan for 45 minutes – hour to hike the walk up trail. Hope to see you soon!
How much does it cost to go to Stone Mountain?
Daily parking admission to the park is $20 and an annual pass is $40. You can purchase these passes ahead of time on our website, or at the gates upon arrival.
What is free at Stone Mountain?
Hiking / Nature Trails Exploring nature on the 15 miles of hiking trails is one of the best free things to do at Stone Mountain Park! If your family needs a little motivation to get out and exercise, the nature trails are one of the best free things to do at Stone Mountain Park!
Has anyone died at Stone Mountain?
Anita Redmon’s murder remains the only unsolved murder in the park’s history. STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga.
Are there alligators in Stone Mountain Lake?
Range and Habitat The northern range is limited by low winter temperatures. Alligators are rarely found south of the Rio Grande drainage.
How much is the Skyride at Stone Mountain?
Individual tickets are $10 per person, round-trip, and $6 per person, one-way. Admission is included with the Adventure Pass.
Can you carry a gun at Stone Mountain?
The Stone Mountain Memorial Association has repealed its ban on carrying firearms in Stone Mountain Park. Carrying with a GFL and car carry (even without a GFL) now are permitted.
Can you go to Stone Mountain at night?
Both entrances to the Park are open daily from 5AM – Midnight.
Is Stone Mountain on private property?
Governance. Stone Mountain Park, which surrounds the Confederate Memorial, is owned by the state of Georgia and managed by the Stone Mountain Memorial Association, a Georgia state authority.
How long is the walk around Stone Mountain?
Stone Mountain Park features 15 miles of hiking and walking trails with varying degrees of difficulty. Enjoy the 5- mile trail around the base, the 1- mile trail to the summit and more!
What should I wear to Stone Mountain?
Here are 5 tips for climbing Stone Mountain:
- Wear good shoes. This should be obvious, but you wouldn’t believe the people I’ve seen attempting to walk up wearing flip flops or even heels!
- Bring water. Make sure you stay hydrated.
- Stay on the painted path.
- Be aware of the Summit Skyride location.
- Expect crowds.
How many miles is it to walk up Stone Mountain?
Stone Mountain Walk – Up Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Stone Mountain, Georgia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.