- 1 What can we do at Stone Mountain Park?
- 2 Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
- 3 What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
- 4 How long does it take to walk up Stone Mountain?
- 5 What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
- 6 How much are tickets for Stone Mountain?
- 7 Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
- 8 What is Stone Mountain famous for?
- 9 How do you get to the top of Stone Mountain?
- 10 How late is Stone Mountain Open?
- 11 What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
- 12 What time does Stone Mountain Trail closed?
- 13 Do you have to pay to walk Stone Mountain?
- 14 How many calories do you burn walking up Stone Mountain?
- 15 Can you drive to the top of Stone Mountain?
What can we do at Stone Mountain Park?
With 3,200 acres of natural beauty just outside Atlanta, the Park offers numerous outdoor adventures for all ages. Hike 15 miles of nature trails including a 1-mile trail to the summit of Stone Mountain, enjoy a family picnic, or explore our 363-acre lake. Tee off on one of two beautiful golf courses and so much more!
Is Stone Mountain worth visiting?
It’s a great hike. Stone Mountain, or “Atlanta’s Backyard,” offers 15 miles of scenic hiking and walking trails, ranging from easy to moderate. Take it slow and stop to admire the flora and fauna, or let the fresh mountain air invigorate you on a more challenging hike.
What is there to do in Stone Mountain today?
- Stone Mountain Park. 5,032.
- Stone Mountain Carving. 1,083.
- Summit Skyride. 354.
- Stone Mountain Covered Bridge. Bridges.
- Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Park. 236.
- Yellow River Park. Equestrian Trails • Hiking Trails.
- NCG Cinema. Theaters.
- Confederate Hall Historical & Environmental Education Center. Science Museums • History Museums.
How long does it take to walk up Stone Mountain?
1-2 hours with small kids and stops along the way. over a year ago. It’s a one mile hike and is rated as a moderate difficulty. Easier route is 1.3 miles.
What restaurants are at Stone Mountain?
Limit search to Stone Mountain.
- Metro Cafe Diner. 561 reviewsOpen Now. American, Diner$$ – $$$ “
- Stone Mountain Pizza Cafe. 257 reviewsOpen Now. Italian, Pizza$$ – $$$ Menu.
- Sweet Potato Cafe. 270 reviewsClosed today. American, Cafe$$ – $$$ Menu.
- Taqueria Los Hermanos. 216 reviewsOpen Now. Mexican, Southwestern$$ – $$$ Menu.
How much are tickets for Stone Mountain?
Daily parking admission to the park is $20 and an annual pass is $40. You can purchase these passes ahead of time on our website, or at the gates upon arrival.
Can you go to Stone Mountain for free?
Not to worry. Some of the most impressive attractions Stone Mountain Park has to offer are completely free (well, free after you ‘ve bought the parking pass – $15 per day or $40 per year – to get your car or truck into the park. Bicyclists and pedestrians pay nothing.)
What is Stone Mountain famous for?
Stone Mountain is well known for not only its geology, but also the enormous rock relief on its north face, the largest bas-relief artwork in the world. The carving depicts three Confederate leaders, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.
How do you get to the top of Stone Mountain?
There are two ways to get to the top, either by the Summit Skyride, a cable car ride ($8 for a one-way ride) or our favorite and most rewarding way, by walking up! The trail starts at Stone Mountain Park’s Confederate Hall (the park ranger at the gate will offer out a map).
How late is Stone Mountain Open?
What time do the attractions open? Park Gates are open daily, 5:00 a.m. to Midnight. Attraction hours vary. Visit the Calendar page for attraction hours on the day of your visit.
What time is the laser light show at Stone Mountain?
Lasershow Spectacular Dates & Times: Nightly May 28 – August 1 at 9:30pm.
What time does Stone Mountain Trail closed?
The park’s gates open early (5 am) and close late (midnight), offering a fantastic pre-dawn or nighttime hike.
Do you have to pay to walk Stone Mountain?
There is a fee to get into the Stone Mountain Park, but parking is free throughout. You can drive around, park, walk the various trails, and there are some restaurants in the park.
How many calories do you burn walking up Stone Mountain?
A 200-lb. person can expect to burn around 637 calories hiking quickly in the mountains while only burning 455 calories cross-country, says CalorieLab.
Can you drive to the top of Stone Mountain?
This high-speed Swiss cable car provides a stunning view of the Confederate Memorial Carving as it transports you more than 825 feet above the ground to the top of Stone Mountain. You can also purchase your All-Attractions Pass for all the Park’s paid attractions at this location.