- 1 What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
- 2 What should I look for in a used mountain bike?
- 3 What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
- 4 How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
- 5 Should I get a 27.5 or 29 mountain bike?
- 6 Is 26 inch bike good for what height?
- 7 Should I get a medium or large mountain bike?
- 8 What does a 26 inch bike mean?
- 9 Is buying a used mountain bike worth it?
- 10 Are mountain bikes worth the money?
- 11 How much should I pay for mountain bike?
- 12 What is a decent mountain bike brand?
- 13 How do I buy my first mountain bike?
- 14 What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
What size mountain bike should I get for my height?
Mountain Bike Size Chart
|Rider Height (in)||Rider Height (cm)||Frame Size (in)|
|4′ 10″ – 5′ 2″||148cm – 158cm||13″ – 14″|
|5′ 3″ – 5′ 6″||159cm – 168cm||15″ – 16″|
|5′ 7″ – 5′ 10″||169cm – 178cm||17″ – 18″|
|5′ 11″ – 6′ 1″||179cm – 185cm||19″ – 20″|
What should I look for in a used mountain bike?
Things you want to check for are:
- Frame: It is normal that a used frame has a few scratches here and there.
- Suspension: Check that the forks and the rear shock are working properly.
- Adjustable seatpost: Make sure the seatpost goes up and down smoothly and ask if the owner has had any issues with it.
What is a good mountain bike for beginners?
4 Best Beginner Mountain Bikes for recreational riders
- Co-op Cycles DRT 1.2 $949.
- Trek Marlin 4 $500.
- Tommaso Gran Sasso $875.
- Giant ATX $480.
How much should I spend on my first mountain bike?
At the bare minimum, we recommend looking at hardtails for no less than $1,500 and full suspension at $2,000 to $2,500. You can certainly purchase bikes for less, especially if you get away from the name brands or are willing to take inferior parts.
Should I get a 27.5 or 29 mountain bike?
27.5 ”: Faster acceleration is often cited as one of the biggest benefits of a 27.5 ” wheel when compared to a 29 ” wheel. However, once the larger wheels reach top speed, they’re actually more efficient for longer rides than smaller wheels because they require less effort to keep their momentum going.
Is 26 inch bike good for what height?
There are bikes with 26 – inch wheels, which are suitable for heights between 5’0″ and 5’5″.
Should I get a medium or large mountain bike?
What size mountain bike do I need?
| Bike size||Frame size||Rider height|
|Extra-small||13 – 14in||152cm – 162cm (5ft – 5ft 4in)|
|Small||14 – 16in||162cm – 170cm (5ft 4in – 5ft 7in)|
|Medium||16 – 18in||170cm – 178cm (5ft 7in – 5ft 10in)|
|Large||18 – 20in||178cm – 185cm (5ft 10in – 6ft 1in)|
What does a 26 inch bike mean?
The wheel size is the measurement of the diameter of the wheel with a mounted tire. Usually the size is written on the tire sidewall, for example it might read 26 x 2.2”, a typical mountain bike size. This indicates the wheel is 26 ” and the tire is 2.2” wide. Older road bikes might have 27″ wheels.
Is buying a used mountain bike worth it?
Not everything needs to be shiny and new. Just like buying a lightly used car can save you thousands, it’s worth it to consider buying a used mountain bike for the same reason. The seller could be trying to make a quick buck on a stolen bike.
Are mountain bikes worth the money?
After reviewing all of the component-related upgrades that go into an expensive mountain bike it’s clear that they offer superior performance. For rider’s that demand the absolute best performance out of their bike’s then it’s a pretty straightforward answer to say that yes, these bikes are worth it for them.
How much should I pay for mountain bike?
A good mountain bike will cost you between 1000 and 1500 USD. A decent bike is expensive but you also need additional gear. Proper maintenance and taking care of your bike can significantly reduce costs.
What is a decent mountain bike brand?
They eventually reversed course and saved face, but it was a good lesson that the biking community cares and public relations matter.
- Trek Bikes.
- Santa Cruz.
- Giant Bicycles.
- Yeti Cycles.
- Pivot Cycles.
- Ibis Cycles.
- Evil Bike Co.
How do I buy my first mountain bike?
8 TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR FIRST MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Get the right size. First up, everything else is secondary to the right frame size.
- Choose a wheel size.
- Choose hardtail or full-suss.
- Don’t obsess about weight.
- Beware the flashy trinkets.
- Choose suspension quality, not quantity.
- Look for futureproof design.
- Keep some budget back.
What is a good inexpensive mountain bike?
10 Affordable Mountain Bikes Priced Under $1000 That Are Worth a Look
|Vitus Nucleus 27||$970||27.5/29|