- 1 How do I get to Hunter Mountain by train from NYC?
- 2 How do you get to Hunter Mountain from NYC?
- 3 Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
- 4 How much is a day pass for Hunter Mountain?
- 5 How much is a lift ticket at Hunter Mountain?
- 6 How do you get to Hunter Mountain from Manhattan?
- 7 Does Hunter Mountain have night skiing?
- 8 How do you get to Mountain Creek from NYC?
- 9 What time do the lifts open at Hunter Mountain?
- 10 Which is better Hunter or Windham?
- 11 Is Hunter a good mountain?
- 12 Does Hunter Mountain make snow?
- 13 Do you have to buy a lift ticket for bunny slope?
- 14 Is Hunter Mountain an Epic Pass?
- 15 What is the best ski pass in Colorado?
How do I get to Hunter Mountain by train from NYC?
By Train. Taking the bus or driving are the most recommended ways to reach Hunter Mountain, but you can opt to ride Amtrak to nearby Hudson, NY. For Amtrak schedules and information, visit their website. Take the Hudson Line on Metro-North to Poughkeepsie Station.
How do you get to Hunter Mountain from NYC?
The simplest way to get to Hunter Mountain is to catch a NY Trailways bus from New York City, with tickets costing around $36. The company offers two different departures per day, and the trip takes about 3.5 hours.
Is Hunter Mountain good for beginners?
– Hunter offers better facility for beginners. It has a pretty large separate section of the mountain for beginners. It does not have magic carpet like Windham but it offers 3 chairlifts. As a beginner, it felt great to able to use the chairlift instead of magic carpet.
How much is a day pass for Hunter Mountain?
Now an Epic Local Pass is $583, down from $729 last season. Or you can ski and ride for $67 a day with an Epic Day Pass. Find the pass that fits you and get more value from one day to every day. Epic for Everyone.
How much is a lift ticket at Hunter Mountain?
|Youth (7-17)||Adult (18-64)|
How do you get to Hunter Mountain from Manhattan?
The best way to get from Manhattan to Hunter without a car is to bus which takes 1h 50m and costs $70. How long does it take to get from Manhattan to Hunter? The bus from Broadway/73rd to Hunter Mountain takes 1h 50m including transfers and departs three times a week.
Does Hunter Mountain have night skiing?
There is no night skiing at Hunter Mountain, but nearby Windham offers lights on certain terrain until 9 p.m. on weekends and holiday periods.
How do you get to Mountain Creek from NYC?
Mountain Creek is located just 47 miles from Manhattan and is convenient to the entire tri-state area. From NYC:
- Take the Lincoln Tunnel to Rt. 3 West to Rt. 46 West.
- Take Rt. 23 North from Rt. 46 West.
- Exit on the right on Rt. 515 North to Rt. 94 South to Mountain Creek Waterpark.
What time do the lifts open at Hunter Mountain?
The lifts are open from 8:30 AM to 4 PM on weekends.
Which is better Hunter or Windham?
Windham has always been a more sedate and polished experience than Hunter, attracting more affluent skiers and snowboarders. Windham has the same 1,600-foot vertical drop (and nearly 100 percent snowmaking coverage) as Hunter but not as much terrain variety or challenge.
Is Hunter a good mountain?
HUNTER may have the best overall terrain in New York south of Whiteface Mountain, the Olympic site in Lake Placid. During times of good natural snowfall, the backcountry tracks off Hunter’s back side are among the best in the East.
Does Hunter Mountain make snow?
Hunter Mountain is ranked No. 108 in North America for its total snowfall during an average season.
Do you have to buy a lift ticket for bunny slope?
Yes, all lessons require a lift ticket, even if you are a beginner. You can purchase a ticket at the same time that you book your lesson. For Mini Cub, Little Cub & Big Cub lessons if you pre-purchased a ticket it will be available at drop-off.
Is Hunter Mountain an Epic Pass?
BROOMFIELD, Colo. —September 24, 2019—Vail Resorts, Inc. The new resorts in the Northeast are: Mount Snow in Vermont; Hunter Mountain in New York; and Attitash Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain and Crotched Mountain in New Hampshire.
What is the best ski pass in Colorado?
The Best Ski Pass For Colorado – Ikon or Epic 2021-2022 | ZRankings. Vail Resorts has dropped the price of its full Epic Pass —no blackouts—by 20% to $783. The Epic Local Pass is down to $583. Nowhere is the Epic-Ikon pass war more intense than it is in Colorado.